• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown

That's better than what Litany calls me... :eek:

...or Phil.....

...or Wabbit...

...or Martin....

...or Ashlea (I can read your thoughts Mom)

RaVeN

Sazón said:
Well researched? I've read both Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code, and they are all bullshit.

Don't worry about RaVeN. For some bizarre, and as yet unknown reason, the people who liked these steaming piles of drivel take it as a personal insult whenever anyone has the audacity to point out how crap they are.

I enjoy crap. I breath crap. I can't get enough crap and most of all, I love you Litany. :D

RaVeN

Litany said:
For some bizarre, and as yet unknown reason, the people who liked these steaming piles of drivel take it as a personal insult whenever anyone has the audacity to point out how crap they are.

Yes, that's it summed up. Apparently the first three Dan Brown books had sold next to bugger all but, with the way The Da Vinci Code was marketed, that's all changed with copies flying off the shelves. Some are left disappointed, others enraged, and then there's those that believe his crap just because he feels a need to defend what little is true within his book by declarng it as fact at the very beginning.

Sazón said:
Well researched? I've read both Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code, and they are all bullshit.

I only read the latter and I can vouch for that. :D

Like I said Mile-O, I've missed you. :)

I can never hear enough of your views on the subject....apparently. :D

RaVeN

I happen to like Dan Brown. I have just started Angels and Demons and if I didn't have to earn a living and buy food and toys for the dog, then I would be home right now, reading the entire book in one day.

But, I must say that I don't take his work as anything more than fiction. I take the ideas brought up in the books (Da Vinci and A&D) as interesting theories. It is nice, though, to every so often have a cog thrown into your views on life that makes you think. Dan Brown makes me wonder and I love it when authors can do that. :D

And to think, I've never even read anything by him.

Cheers, Martin
Grin.gif

I'm reading Angels and Demons at the moment and it's not that bad. It passed several hours on the train today. Fast paced and entertaining.

I've read The Da Vinici Code which is practically identical. I'll probably read his other books at some point.

How do you get past his woeful prose though? Even in school I, and others in my class, wrote better than him. Toilet walls are more interesting.

Back