• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How's the weather where you live?

pontalba said:
Sunny, 80F, in a word...........gorgeous! :p

Get a load of these....

transition003.jpg

transition002.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The beauty of it all is that I don't have to work again tomorrow.:D

Is this because of the snow SFG? Ther'll be no getting you off the Forum now! :D
Here it's just the beginning of autumn, but still very warm, round 25 C or 80 F. We desperately need rain, have water restrictions and all the paddocks are brown.

Woah - all that snow, SFG75. :eek: Hey, when you can't get to work because of the weater, is that taken as a paid vacation day (from your usual annual allowance)? Or is it an extra day off (without using up your allocated vacation days)? I've often wondered about that.

Good photos sfg75. keep the white stuff there. :)
I am getting ready to drive over the mountain and it is sleeting out. Will give it a try and see what it is like on the mountain. have an appt with the doctor that did my eye surgery. :(

SFG May I extend my deepest condolences? Man oh man, how do you guys stand all that stuff? I suppose if you've been raised with it...../shiver/ :eek: :)

:D :cool:

I got some the same stuff as SFG. Here are a few pics i took.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v648_nikki_75us_snow003.jpg
This is while it was still snowing yesterday.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v648_nikki_75us_snow004.jpg
These are of today trying to get out
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v648_nikki_75us_snow005.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v648_nikki_75us_snow006.jpg

Oooooo, that looks cold. My car wouldn't even start if it had been out in that. Don't think you'll be using your barbeque today :D Must be such a mission just clearing your paths every day.

I'm about 2.5 hours south of mrkngr and we missed the snow. All we got was lots of much needed rain. It was cold during the day, but by 6 pm it was 41 degrees.

Don't think you'll be using your barbeque today

Funny u say that cuz we actually are going to be using it tonight :D Deck is almost cleaned off or at least a path to the grill and son is playing in the snow mountains on the deck that my daughter made for him :rolleyes:

mom2kngr said:
Funny u say that cuz we actually are going to be using it tonight :D Deck is almost cleaned off or at least a path to the grill and son is playing in the snow mountains on the deck that my daughter made for him :rolleyes:

We used to have neighbors who used their grill all year too. I can't count the times I saw them out in their parkas and boots, grilling away.

angerball said:
Woah - all that snow, SFG75. :eek: Hey, when you can't get to work because of the weater, is that taken as a paid vacation day (from your usual annual allowance)? Or is it an extra day off (without using up your allocated vacation days)? I've often wondered about that.

When they call off school, it doesn't take away from our sick or personal leave days. It's considered a part of our contracted work day. So basically we get the paid same just as if we went to work. Now if we have school and a teacher can't make it, then yes, it comes off their personal leave or sick days. You get two weeks of paid sick leave every year and if you don't use them, they roll over and add up. I have about four months of paid sick leave available, though I've only used two weeks sick leave in the past six years. most of that was due to our children being born or ill. You get three personal leave days where they can't ask you what you are doing and you get three professional leave days, where you can attend a conference or something like that to further your training.

It is always a bit unclear in La La Land! (It looks like a tornado hit, but we're not sure...none of us were paying close attention...)

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
It is always a bit unclear in La La Land! (It looks like a tornado hit, but we're not sure...none of us were paying close attention...)

All your noses stuck in books eh? :D

Four inches of snow this morning…looks like more this coming weekend. Actually went sleigh riding today…had a blast!!!

All the snow is cleared on the roads here. We didn't have school yet again as the country roads weren't passable. That broke my heart as you could well imagine.:rolleyes:

Back