• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How's the weather where you live?

abecedarian said:
:p Ya know, I USED to really like you MC. That was before you allowed your cruel streak to leak out:rolleyes: Oh well, have fun anyway!
muggle said:
may you have rain all week.
I think that you will both be glad to know that it poured down yesterday, but it was still about 20 degrees (68 F). We are having some pretty strange weather.

It's meant to be drizzly today as well, but with a high of 20 degrees again. You jinxed us, muggle!!

MonkeyCatcher said:
I think that you will both be glad to know that it poured down yesterday, but it was still about 20 degrees (68 F). We are having some pretty strange weather.

It's meant to be drizzly today as well, but with a high of 20 degrees again. You jinxed us, muggle!!

Perhaps he's not such a muggle as he lets on;)

muggle said:
my real name is muggle-not....now figure that one out. :)

Uh oh, I fear the cold front is causing a brain freeze. My two remaining brain cells are pretty sluggish here..

MonkeyCatcher said:

Well, I didn't wish you to have continued sunshine with warm weather. :) Our high tomorrow is supposed to be 33 F. But I will have other things on my mind tomorrow than the weather.:( Tomorrow is the day for "slit" - "slit".:(

muggle said:
Well, I didn't wish you to have continued sunshine with warm weather. :) Our high tomorrow is supposed to be 33 F. But I will have other things on my mind tomorrow than the weather.:( Tomorrow is the day for "slit" - "slit".:(

That's right, you said you were having surgery soon. What kind was it again? Will you have to stay in the hospital, or is it a one-day surgery?
Be sure and mind whatever they tell you..

abecedarian said:
That's right, you said you were having surgery soon. What kind was it again? Will you have to stay in the hospital, or is it a one-day surgery?
Be sure and mind whatever they tell you..
Surgery was put off and all they did was more tests. It is a little more complicated than I thought and I will have to be "put under" when they do the surgery.:(

On-topic....We are under a winter advisory for Thursday and could get a half inch of "ICE". ....and that probably means no electricity as it will bring trees and powerlines down.

muggle: Sorry to hear about your surgical woes. Life's really fun sometimes aint it..

It's just cold here, but Snow is in the forcast for Saturday and Monday. My dear darling oldest daughter borrowed my gloves the last time it snowed, and now has lost one them :(

It's calm now, but by tonight its gonna storm like the dickens. Sleet, snow, hail, fire and brimstone - JK. But it'll be bad.

Miss Shelf said:
Sometimes I think our early ancestors had the right idea-hole up in caves till spring. :D
Sounds good to me. :)

Early this morning I went down into the woods with a wheelbarrow and hauled wood from my woodpile up to the house and stacked it under the screened porch (the porch is elevated about 8 or 10 feet off the ground). At least when/if we lose power and heat we will be able to burn the fireplace. I made about 4 trips and think I have enough wood under the porch to last a day.
I hate to lose all the blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries that I picked last summer though that are in the freezer in our basement, not to mention the other items.:( :mad:

Stuff in the freezer stays cold for several hours, if you don't open the door. More than 8 hours and I'd throw everything out.

I'm envious of people with working fireplaces and/or wood burning stoves! :)

Muggle, I suppose you could try putting them outside... but maybe that would be too cold, or dirty, or easily blown away? Not sure if you have a place outside where you could tuck them away.

KristoCat said:
Muggle, I suppose you could try putting them outside... but maybe that would be too cold, or dirty, or easily blown away? Not sure if you have a place outside where you could tuck them away.
Actually we have many places outside where we could put the stuff. The screened porch, for example, would be perfect. It depends though on how cold the temp. is outside. my wife is stockpiling ice from the ice maker and putting it in bags in the freezer. We may try putting the stuff outside in a cooler with the ice on top of it. Or if we are really lucky we will not lose power. :) ;)

The weather

:eek: The weather here is actually cold...... Yippeee No i kinda like the cold weather gives me an excuse to stay under a warm blanket and read.
Claire

Horrible pissy rain...not cold enough for snow but still kinda cold. Just a normal scottish day really..!

We had snow on Friday night and all day yesterday. It partially melted before freezing up overnight, meaning that today we've been left with lethally slippy two-inch high ridges of ice, which not even my boots with the super-dooper treads can cope with. :( Of course the council do not grit the footpaths now. :rolleyes: It's raining now, so I hope the ice has disappeared by tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that Halo.:(

Temps in the teens, scattered snow-same as usual for this time of year......dark and dreary.:(

Back