• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Iraqi journalist throws shoes at Bush

SFG75

I swear I'm not making it up. Journalist throws shoes at Bush. The interesting aspect has to do with the shoes. Evidently, showing someone the bottom of your shoes in the Arab world is akin to giving someone "the finger" in the western world. Strange times that we are a livin' in. Is January 20th here yet? What else can happen while Bush is in office?

Iraqi journalist hurls shoes at Bush

Wasn't there an Austin Powers villain who did that?:lol:

I opened the T.V to watch Greek news and see what is going on with the riots down there and what do I see? A shoe flying by Bush,lol,you have to admit he was quick to move his head out of the way.

122934142923.gif

^:lol:

Evidently, showing someone the bottom of your shoes in the Arab world is akin to giving someone "the finger" in the western world.

I guess it's just payback.....from this perhaps?

ai288.photobucket.com_albums_ll166_joderu95_bush_finger_flip1.jpg

Or maybe that Iraq business I suppose.

I opened the T.V to watch Greek news and see what is going on with the riots down there and what do I see? A shoe flying by Bush,lol,you have to admit he was quick to move his head out of the way.

He was surprisingly fast at moving...both times... ...and unfazed by the whole thing.

beer good - awesome WoW reference :D The <afk> dude is perfect!! lol

I wish all his secret service people had taken off their shoes and thrown them back.

You return fire with fire. :lol:

... given that Bush sounds exactly like Maxwell Smart..maybe the guy thought Bush asked for a phone?
OK..would you believe two phones?
Even more than showing the soles of the feet, calling someone a ""dog"", as Bush was called, is a grave insult in the Arab world because dogs will, if allowed, eat human feces (as will pigs- both are classed as "unclean" animals)

..calling someone a ""dog"", as Bush was called, is a grave insult in the Arab world because dogs will, if allowed, eat human feces (as will pigs- both are classed as "unclean" animals)

Most animals if allowed eat shit.Crabs,bird,ants(the kuran forbid the killing of ants,so i was told)chickens....
The fact that they despise dogs has to be found somewhere else.
Muslim says that an angel does not enter an house where there is a dog.
I have 4 hairy friends!

Some reading that I have done on Islam says that the Quran mentions a dog being with the people of the cave,and were not mentioned as being dirty or to avoid them.A whole conversation can go on as to how fabricated Hadiths came along,but I am not a scholar on it.

"All the creatures on earth are communities like you... " Quran, 6:38

:confused:

Back