• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

KILL BILL vol. 2

Mile-O-Phile said:
Looks like I'm seeing Part 1 tonight with a view to see Part 2 on Friday. It better be good.

Style over content, really, wasnt much to it. Still, might as well see part 2 just to complete the "story". :(

is there something wrong with style? I mean, you didn't read finnegans wake for the content, did you? some of the scenes in KILL BILL were shot like some of those in the kung fu series that david carradine starred in. it's all parody.

bobbyburns said:
it's all parody.
Or stolen. Depends how you look at it. Personally, I can't stand Tarantino. He's just remaking old films, hardly even bothers to change them. In Kill Bill he was even too lazy to change the damn track suit. I know some people call it homage, but I still call it lazy, unoriginal plagiarism.

Stella Leanna said:
Let's fit together. What color would you want?

i like............................... red... no.. make that orange.. no, wait.. i like pink.. or.. blue? no, no... white.. sky blue's better.. nah.....
*after an hour and 100 colors later*

peach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

bobbyburns said:
I couldn't disagree more.

Which is hardly surprising at all. And to be honest, I really don't care. As I already said, I know a lot of people accept that it's all in tribute and love the films. Personally, I find them to be over-stylised trash and I'd far rather stick to the original Japanese films. It's all a matter of personal preference. In my profession, plagiarism is one of the lowest things you can do, and so I find it very difficult to see a film with so many large chunks directly lifted from other films and not see it as theft. Perhaps if he made more effort to credit the originals then I would have less of a problem with it, but it seems that mostly he keeps his mouth shut until other people point out the similarities and then he come out with his favourite word 'homage'.

I think it also largely depends on what film you saw first. If you saw the originals, and then watch one of QTs and see whole scenes transposed into his films then you aren't going to think he's a such great creative genius as someone who hasn't seen the originals, or simply isn't aware that they exist.

For example, I have a friend who likes anime, so when it's comes to any mention of The Matrix the red mist descends and he goes into his little rant about all the films it was stolen from. Personally, I can't stand anime so I quite like the fact that The Matrix saved me from ever having to watch Ghost in the Shell. In the same way, I'm sure there are a lot of people that would rather watch a glossy Hollywood adaptation then have to read subtitles. I'm just not one of them.

You'll have to excuse Litany. She has difficulties expressing herself. :D

Pesonaly, I'm boycotting both films until they change the name. :mad: I've placed several calls to Quint on the matter and I'm sure I'll be hearing back from him any time now.

RaVeN

sandra! said:
i like............................... red... no.. make that orange.. no, wait.. i like pink.. or.. blue? no, no... white.. sky blue's better.. nah.....
*after an hour and 100 colors later*

peach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

pfft, you must know a lotta colors girl =P

Peach? Ok, but I'm warning you, you might be the only one in peach. =P

I want to wear pink ^_^

RaVeN said:
Pesonaly, I'm boycotting both films until they change the name. :mad: I've placed several calls to Quint on the matter and I'm sure I'll be hearing back from him any time now.

RaVeN

You still getting those death threats, Beardy Boy? I know you think my rates are excessive, but my personal bodyguard service is truly the best around. Have sporks. Will travel.

I didn't mean to come off pretentious, litany. I see what you're getting at. to be honest, I couldn't even tell you why I liked it. it's all a mystery to me.

Back