• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Watched The Lost Boys last night. Hadn't seen this film in what must've been at over a decade. My wife hadn't seen it at all so had to introduce her to the awesomeness of this late 80's semi-horror classic. Such a good film, and such an awesome soundtrack too!

It doesn't really count as a film, but my husband and I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog last night. We are both big Josh Whedon fans.

I saw Sharktopus yesterday. I can't help but feel that if the SyPhy channel put half as much effort into making their movies good as they do to make them purposely bad, they might actually end up with something that comes closer to that 50s monster movie charm they're going for. I love bad movies, but I love bad movies where you get the feeling that at least someone in the production team wasn't actively trying to make the movie as bad as possible. Please don't mistake deliberate incompetence for humour. :star1:

Have new tv and saw 2 movies on satellite. One was called Birds of America with guy from Friends tv show. It was annoying at first with story about crazy family. But it got better and I actually think it was pretty funny. Then watched movie called Biodome with pauly Shore which was made for people with IQ of 6.

Marmaduke - It was kid flick and I kinda fell asleep trying to finish it. Early in one of the scene where the dog in the park walked up to the man on the bench reading the newspaper and pee in his cup. Then the man raise up his cup to take and a sip and that is when my son said "He's drinking lemonade". :lol::lol::lol:

The hubby and I watched "I Love You, Man" with Paul Rudd and Jason Segal last night. We both really enjoyed their bromance, and it was a pretty funny too.

Actually, the last movie I saw was Whatever Works. I wish I hadn't though... Wonder what Woody Allen was thinking when he cast the lead, his "performance" was painful to watch. Everyone else was wonderful, particularly Patricia Clarkson.

Patricia Clarkson usually is. Did you ever watch Six Feet Under? I loved her character on that show.

Last movie I watched: The Wolfman. The CGI was horrible and didn't belong in a movie of this type. Other than the insane asylum sequence and a chase scene set in London, I was bored.

re: Wolfman

Last movie I watched: The Wolfman. The CGI was horrible and didn't belong in a movie of this type. Other than the insane asylum sequence and a chase scene set in London, I was bored.
We got that through Netflix but wasn't able to finish it. We have a copy too but still haven't gotten around to it. It reminded me of Dracula (1992) - well, the parts that I watched anyway.

Heh, I loved Bram Stoker's Dracula. I was hoping that at the least, The Wolfman would be half as good. No luck there.

Crimes of Passion (1984)

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_4167FB1PRBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
My bf's mother got this on Netflix. She had watched it a long time ago and loved it. We watched it together. An incredibly uncomfortable experience.
But the movie was amazing. It was strange and weird. I'd love to watch it again.
Kathleen Turner (30-yrs-old at the time) plays a witty, nasty, willing prostitute and Anthony Perkins is a crazy preacher obsessed with her.
Definitely 80s, totally recommend.
:star4:

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_4167FB1PRBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
My bf's mother got this on Netflix. She had watched it a long time ago and loved it. We watched it together. An incredibly uncomfortable experience.
But the movie was amazing. It was strange and weird. I'd love to watch it again.
Kathleen Turner (30-yrs-old at the time) plays a witty, nasty, willing prostitute and Anthony Perkins is a crazy preacher obsessed with her.
Definitely 80s, totally recommend.
:star4:
So glad you finally got to see it!

The Red Riding trilogy ~ 3 films about police corruption and collusion set against the backdrop of some grisly child murders and the Yorkshire Ripper murders. Utterly grim and depressing. Based on the novels by David Peace. :star5:

awww.directorsnotes.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_01_red_riding_poster.jpg

Back