• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

^^^ re: Red Riding trilogy
Ok, I'm glad you posted about it and like it. It's been popping up on Netflix instant and from the basic summary on there, I didn't know if I should check it out. I will now.

re: Crimes of Passion
Lenny, it was absolutely bizarre (awesome). LOTS of sex. I read somewhere that Kathleen Turner, looking back, considered this one of her favorite roles or movies she's been in. True?

Return of the Living Dead. While most of the special effects were corny, I thought the talking skeleton woman was cool. I also liked some of the one-liners (my favorite: "He got a job? What a dick").

aimg217.imageshack.us_img217_8161_large577.jpg

Our Saturday night movie...

Next to "Let the Right One In", this is probably one of my favorite vampire movies.

I'm always happy to find someone else who knows Martin. It's amazing that such an interesting take on the vampire genre is not that well know.

Watched several movies this past weekend since I was computer-less.

Precious: what a fantastic movie and truly heartbreaking. Someone needs to call the Hollywood police to confiscate that stolen Oscar from Sandra Bullock and give it to Gabourey Sidibe. I mean, you've got to be joking that Bullock won over her.

Paranormal Activity: Holy crap, this scared the **** out of me. I like to take pride in the fact that I hardly ever see any trailers or watch any behind the scenes stuff on movies and only know the very basic of any movie before I watch it. All I knew about this was that it was filmed in the camcorder style and was of course about ghosts or something. I hadn't seen a single trailer or read about it at all. I watched it in complete darkness by myself in a huge and totally empty house that I was house-sitting. :lol: That... was not a good idea.:eek:

Harry Brown: Michael Caine as a vigilante getting revenge on hoodlums in his neighborhood. Sounds like Deathwish 3? Not quite as stupid, but basically the same story. It was pretty bland. I was hoping for more.

Up in the Air: BLAH! Can someone say Lifetime movie? This was nominated for best movie??? I haven't seen anything so predictable and drab in a while. Sure, it had a few chuckle moments and some good scenes, but why was this movie given such high praise? Was is just because George Clooney was in it?

Stranger than Fiction: Surprisingly good for a serious Will Ferrell movie, but still lackluster. It had great potential, but sort of fell apart. I love Emma Thompson though.

Avatar: Pfft. Dances With Wolves part 3. There were so many obscenely ridiculous moments in this movie that I won't bother right now, but I could (and am thinking about) rant for about 2000 words. Total drek. Predictable, asinine and completely acceptable for a movie with a 200k budget, not a gadzillion dollar budget and twenty years in the making. (I know it wasn't twenty years in the making)

Taken: gawd! FINALLY! A stupid movie that rocks the **** out! This movie pretended to be nothing other than itself from start to finish which was an unrealistic vigilante action movie of one bad ass motherfucker against the bad guys. Paper-thin characters and painfully coincidental moments. Expertly directed with great camera work during the action moments. Liam Neeson was great in this.

Watched several movies this past weekend since I was computer-less.

Up in the Air: BLAH! Can someone say Lifetime movie? This was nominated for best movie??? I haven't seen anything so predictable and drab in a while. Sure, it had a few chuckle moments and some good scenes, but why was this movie given such high praise? Was is just because George Clooney was in it?

I feel exactly the same way...I just didn't get it. I don't mind looking at George Clooney, but I really found the movie pretty boring and unremarkable.

I thought Up in The Air was okay in the sense that it was different but yeah it was boring for sure.

I love Taken and it's awesome to watch Liam karate chop somebody. :cool:

Dangerous Beauty, based on the life of courtesan Veronica Franco. I remember thinking this movie looked really serious. It gets into some dramatic territory at the end but the first half is light-hearted.

Life as We Know It

It was the wife's birthday and she got to pick and so this was the choice. Katherine Hiegl seems like she plays the same characters over and over and this was no different. It's your typically love story of boy hates girls and the end it all comes together for a happily ever after ending. I will admit that it has some funny moments that I can relate to regarding the scenes with kids involve.

6/10

Back