• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Four Christmases. A mostly humor-free comedy. The premise had potential but they went about it all wrong.

Gremlins. Somehow I missed this in my youth. It was tolerable. Honestly I doubt I'll be rewatching this soon.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice: Fun movie, nowhere near as bad as I had envisioned it to be. Had some very good actors in it. Alfred Molina plays an awesome bad guy, Toby Kebbell (RocknRolla) hilarious as his sidekick.

Wanted: Total action overkill movie. Also had some very good actors in it, but they were mostly lost on the movie.

Happy Christmas to everyone!

We finished the 5th and last season of Alias.

Watched White Christmas last night. Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye's Sisters routine is hilarious.

:star4: Saw "True Grit" last night. One of the most thoroughtly well acted movies I've seen in a long time. Jeff Bridges deserves another academy award for his role as Rooster Cogburn.
The movie itself is the Cohen bros being the Cohen bros, so anyone that already loves their work will love this one as well. This was probably one of the most humorous movies from them that I have seen in a long time, and like usual, the humor frames the scenes of tension and violence perfectly.

The Social Network. Strong work from David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin. I had my doubts at first, but they pulled it off. Trent Reznor's music fit perfectly with the film. At the very least he should be nominated for an Oscar.

Animal Kingdom. An interesting story, but worthy of all the awards/noms? I dunno . . .

:star4: Saw "True Grit" last night. One of the most thoroughtly well acted movies I've seen in a long time. Jeff Bridges deserves another academy award for his role as Rooster Cogburn.
The movie itself is the Cohen bros being the Cohen bros, so anyone that already loves their work will love this one as well. This was probably one of the most humorous movies from them that I have seen in a long time, and like usual, the humor frames the scenes of tension and violence perfectly.
Gonna see this one this week, can't wait.

Shrek Forever After - the worst of the Shrek franchise

The Other Guys - it was alright. I don't like Mark Walberg in this one.

Despicable Me - Very good movie and more of an adult movie than a kid's movie.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice - It was alright. I expected more out of this movie since it was the guy who made National Treasure.

Avatar extended edtion- I just love this movie

Harry Potter years 3 & 4 Ultimate (not so much) editions-really nothing special about them.

Which version?

I just watched Sound of Noise, which is about these musicians who, sick of the constant babble of pointless music, decide to perform a piece called "Music for Six Drummers and One City", which basically adds up to musical terrorism. And the police officer set to catch them is tonedeaf. Lots of fun, and very very danceable. :star4:

YouTube - Sound of Noise Trailer

The new version,which was quite good,but I remember the 70s original and the sweet ol' granny and her knitting needles! :lol:

The new version,which was quite good,but I remember the 70s original and the sweet ol' granny and her knitting needles! :lol:

Yeah; I actually thought the remake of The Crazies was probably a better movie than Romero's original, and I say that as a huge Romero fan. The original has better ideas - I love that they find a cure
and then lose it through sheer incompetence and panic
- but it's also a very badly made movie. The remake isn't quite as brave plotwise, but at least it manages to tell its story.

Inception!

And did you like Easy A? It's on my "to see" list.

The last movie the hubby and I watched was The Fantastic Mr Fox.

I'll leave Easy A on the list...but I think I'll catch it on pay-per-view rather than buying it.

The hubby and I are also rewatching all of the Harry Potter movies. Probably says something about me, but I'm enjoying them!

Rabbit Hole. Probably my favorite movie of '10 so far. It's hard to watch at times, but the ending hints at a promising future for the main characters.

Back