• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pictures of your book collection

I wish my book shelves were that nice! All mine are mismatched. It is plan for the summer to remedy that, but who knows if it will happen.

direstraits-Nice!. My only complaint would be that the chair looks uncomfortable. I'd put in a leather recliner or perhaps a cozy couch. I don't know, perhaps it would look like a psychiatrists office if you did that.:eek:

Yeah, my wife is thinking of the same thing - a nice recliner/sofa with a side table and a standing lamp.

Actually, despite it's strange looks, the chair is quite comfortable. Ikea fans will recognize the chair immediately. :)

The problem is right now the corner shelf - firstly it isn't that great for books because of the angles. Secondly, I'm loading magazines on the shelves there, which is something I didn't want to do. I'll have to fix that soon...

ds

Kailana said:
I wish my book shelves were that nice! All mine are mismatched. It is plan for the summer to remedy that, but who knows if it will happen.
Kailana - mismatched shelves is not a problem! Not having books on them is. :D

Picture? :)

ds

This is when it would be nice if the forum allowed photos. I don't know how to do it as some have done here.

I have a stone fireplace that is flanked with a floor to ceiling, basically, cherry bookcase on each side. I also have an old bookcase that I painted dark green and put in one of the unused bedrooms and it is full and books are piled on top. Then there are books on stands and dressers in all the bedrooms, piled in bedroom closets and thrown in many boxes and put in a storage area.

Somehow I need to start getting rid of many of the books. I may just start hauling them down to one of the used book stores and giving them away if they will take them.

muggle said:
This is when it would be nice if the forum allowed photos. I don't know how to do it as some have done here.

Go to TinyPic, the main screen lets you just upload your pic, no signing in or anything. When you've done it scroll to the bottom of the page and select the link, and voila. Post the link on here by clicking on the image icon ^^ and pasting the link.

muggle said:

You can upload your pictures to a free image hosting site and show them off that way. I tend to use http://www.imageshack.us/ but I know a lot of people prefer to use http://photobucket.com/ :)

I love everyones pictures! If I can persuade my parents to let me borrow their digital camera (yet again) then I might be able to put my collection up, although it isn't much compared to everyone elses. :p

direstraits said:
Kailana - mismatched shelves is not a problem! Not having books on them is. :D

Picture? :)

ds

I plan to. I guess my digital camera is broken, it is rattling inside. :(

You guys just have to promise to ignore my bright coloured walls in my "library" and my Care Bear collection... Everyone has their little quirks... lol I will borrow a digital camera from someone in my house sometime today. My shelves are everywhere, though, so it will be an adventure.

"I plan to. I guess my digital camera is broken, it is rattling inside. "

Kailana: Oh Dear, cameras aren't supposed to rattle unless you happen to be a toddler. I'm sorry!

abecedarian said:
Kailana: Oh Dear, cameras aren't supposed to rattle unless you happen to be a toddler. I'm sorry!

Yes, it is very devastating because my other camera is broken too, the one I have that uses film. I found my old digital camera, though, now to find batteries.

why is my photo appearing so large
this is the size I have on photobucket 500x375 - 66 K and when i try it here it is so large that i have to scroll to see it all

http://i2.tinypic.com/otnjv5.jpg

I hope this works...haven't tried posting pictures before!
This is about a tenth of the books in the house - there are boxes of them in the garage too (I don't think I will ever park a car there in this lifetime). I've been told that I have too many books, but to me that's like saying too much chocolate...I am just not clear on the concept...

Wow, very impressive ja9.

Muggle, why don't you post a link instead, then it doesn't matter the size of the picture, and we can all just click the link to see it? :)

ja9 said:
http://i2.tinypic.com/otnjv5.jpg

I hope this works...haven't tried posting pictures before!
This is about a tenth of the books in the house - there are boxes of them in the garage too (I don't think I will ever park a car there in this lifetime). I've been told that I have too many books, but to me that's like saying too much chocolate...I am just not clear on the concept...

Beautiful collection! The guard cat looks ready for action too:cool:

Back