• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pictures of your book collection

Yeah, she likes that sunny window, it's her favorite nap corner. We put a film on the glass that blocks the UV rays (to keep the books from getting sunned), but she doesn't seem to know it and curls up there just about every day. There's another cat who likes to get underneath and stick his paw up there and annoy her - lots of "above and below" games all day long. Fun for the whole family!

:)

ou022d.jpg

I vote we hold all frf meeting in your library. You make the chili, I'll bring the cornbread..Great picture of a lovely room.

OMG, you all haven't eaten cornbread. I make the best cornbread around. It is called "Company Cornbread" and I only make it for special people.

muggle said:
OMG, you all haven't eaten cornbread. I make the best cornbread around. It is called "Company Cornbread" and I only make it for special people.

Out of curiosity, is your sweet or with minimal sugar? Its a regional thing sometimes, the amount of sugar preferred. I remember a great routine Mark Lowrey has about "sugar in cornbread is CAKE!! Cornbread is not supposed to be sweet; Cornbread is supposed to suck 90% of the moisture out of your body! Put the sugar in the Tea, that's where it belongs!!" He also says that tea is supposed to be so sweet "you can pour it over your pancakes for breakfast." Just wondering muggle..:D

Sugar in bread? I don't care who that guy is, sweet bread sounds good to me :D :D

Pain au chocolat, anyone? ;)

Ok, I'm leaving now... :rolleyes:

I make cornbread at least a dozen different ways depending on how I feel on the spur of the moment. Maybe tomorrow I will discuss some of the different ways i make it. Sometimes with lots of sugar, sometimes with just a little, sometimes with jalapenos, sometimes with sweet potato mixed in, sometimes with corn mixed in, sometimes as muffins, and on and on.

one thing for sure....it is good...and as ABC says, especially with chili, but that is another topic. :D

btw, thanks steffee. I couldn't get the other method to work for posting photos so I used the one that you suggested and it worked fine. i am going to post another photo under the "Western Writers" topic that you may get a kick out of. :)

Now that Shakespeare set up is jus awesome!.:) Gotta have a bust of the big guy himself. You've just inspired me to do a similar one of Alexis DeTocqueville. Hmmmmm, now to find his old mug.:cool:

Thanks, that bookcase was as a result of a burst of inspiration. Was bored with the look and thought it needed some class.:D

Back