• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pictures of your book collection

To keep this fabulous thread afloat...

A pic of my Atwood collection.

rjo750.jpg

Here's my bookcases at the moment. I'll not trouble you with the shelves of library books, the ledge of hardbacks, and the wardrobe covered in King et al books I'm trying to offload.

-o-​

-o-​

-o-​

-o-​

-o-​

-o-​

-o-​

-o-​

-o-​

Wow Stewart.

But Cloud Atlas? Life of Pi? I thought you hadn't read any of those types of books. ;)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time? Cool. :D

Edit: lol Abc, I noticed that too, but thought I'd leave it for you to pick up. Hehe ;)

steffee said:
Wow Stewart.

But Cloud Atlas? Life of Pi? I thought you hadn't read any of those types of books. ;)

I haven't read them; they're on the TBR list. :cool:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

Yes, that'll be finding a new home soon. I've got ten Hemingways and a Chekhov to fit in there somehow.

Yeah, yeah Stewart. It's your comfort book really isn't it?

I have to admit, I would have assumed your books would be arranged alphabetically ;)

steffee said:
I have to admit, I would have assumed your books would be arranged alphabetically ;)

They are. First letter of chapter one. ;)

I prefer to group by author , with the exception of the Penguin Classics, which are all grouped together. And hardbacks.

The Lord of the Rings being there quite surprised me, as I thought you weren't keen on fantasy, Stewart? Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

Halo said:
The Lord of the Rings being there quite surprised me, as I thought you weren't keen on fantasy, Stewart? Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

Yeah, you're thinking of me. But just because I'm not a fantasy fan, doesn't mean I won't buy some and try it; hence Perdido Street Station being there too.

I read all but the last chapter of The Fellowship of the Ring before giving up.

Stewart said:
Okay, does a third person want to crack that joke too? Go on, it will still be very funny. ;)

It's just that you're so consistent in your dislike of Mr. Brown's "work". :D
I'll stop if you're annoyed..

Stewart said:
I read all but the last chapter of The Fellowship of the Ring before giving up.

You must have really been bored by it to do that. If I'd read all but the final chapter of a book, it would be a case of "I've read this far, so I'm damn well going to finish it now!"

Muggle, what's in that jar in the bottom right? Is it sweets or marbles? Whatever's in it, it's taking up valuable book space! :D

Those are marbles and are from my winnings when I was a kid. I was pretty good at "shooting" marbles. Sorry, but I will not part with my marbles, that way no one can say he has "lost-his-marbles". :D

Back