• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pictures of your book collection

Photo of my bookcase in the kitchen that is exclusively for cookbooks and recipes.

skylvc.jpg

This a photo of one of our bedroom closets. :D
skyef8.jpg

I have shown photos of bookcases in our family room, bedroom, kitchen, and closet. I refuse to dig out the boxes full of books in our storage area an photograph them. :D

muggle said:
Photo of my bookcase in the kitchen that is exclusively for cookbooks and recipes.

skylvc.jpg

This a photo of one of our bedroom closets. :D
skyef8.jpg

I have shown photos of bookcases in our family room, bedroom, kitchen, and closet. I refuse to dig out the boxes full of books in our storage area an photograph them. :D

LOL You might be an avid, over-the-top reader if...I think you qualify muggle dear! We have a bookshelf in the kitchen too. My dh designed it that way after I spent several pregnancies taking a deep breath and bending over double to quickly peruse the cookbooks in the cabinet under the counter in the kitchen..if I came up with the book I was after before passing out..I won:rolleyes:

Fantastic collection muggle.

I am currently lacking a digital camera driver, so I will describe my book collection. I have some large shelves beside my desk with all my fantasy, one slightly smaller set of shelves with my reference books, sci fi and everything else, currently five small piles of fantasy on my floor, chest of drawers, chair and various other places. I also have a five book long 'to be read' pile on my bedside table and I keep my favourites on my desk (Lotr, Magician, HGTTG and the first chronicles of Thomas Covenant).

I really think I need some new shelves...

Fistandantilus said:
I really think I need some new shelves...
FYI....Office Depot delivers. :rolleyes:

And Muggle.....love the collection! Including the marbles, you're right! Hold onto them! :D

we all need all the marbles we can hang onto! :D

pontalba said:
FYI....Office Depot delivers. :rolleye

Hilarious... :)

Has anyone got all of the old Dragonlance books on their shelves? If so please post a picture. I would like to see them all together (and NO I am not strange). Ah the shame, I had to edit this because I miss-spelt 'their'!

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
I can't figure out how to insert a picture!

Once you upload your picture onto your hard drive, go to Photobucket and you can upload it there by setting up an acount and click "browse." You'll then have a window open and you just double-click to have the code pasted into the message bar. You should be set after that.

Just updated my blog with pix of my library. Nothing you've not heard before, but at least there are more pictures if you are interested.

Go here.

ds

Why Aqua, you have proper stuff in there. Why on earth would you want to be obsessed with Stephen King? :eek: ;)

Simple. King has a great imagination. He is not the greatest writer but he sure is creative: Fun to read IMO.

Hmm. Having never read anything by him I can't comment (or I shouldn't, but I will ;) ) but I agree that often imagination outweighs language. E.g. John Irving. Characters need to be expertly created, for that though.

I'm going to see if this works...I didn't submit the pictures in the correct order, but oh well. There's a picture of my whole bookshelf last. As you can see, most of my books are fantasy :) Sorry it's so dark

ai87.photobucket.com_albums_k153_ringwraithx7_DSC01241_1.jpg
ai87.photobucket.com_albums_k153_ringwraithx7_DSC01240_1.jpg
ai87.photobucket.com_albums_k153_ringwraithx7_DSC01239_1.jpg
ai87.photobucket.com_albums_k153_ringwraithx7_DSC01238_1.jpg

Just incase anyone is still interested in seeing people's books I finally got ahold of my parents new camera and took the time to install the software on my laptop. I never got around to reorganising my shelves as more keep getting added to them. Behold! Pictures! Clicky to see fullsize.

From my main bookshelf. The top 2 shelves are devoted to books and then the next 2 hold a mixture of books, schoolwork, comics and videos. DVDs and computer games take up the one below that, but thats not in my picture:
aimg524.imageshack.us_img524_7261_topshelfxl0.th.jpg
aimg526.imageshack.us_img526_3346_middleshelfut2.th.jpg

My unread shelves (there are a couple of books missing inbetween):
aimg526.imageshack.us_img526_5232_shelf1ew3.th.jpg

My manga collection:
aimg524.imageshack.us_img524_4461_mangaif4.th.jpg

Can anyone tell that I love ornaments. :confused: Or that I need more shelves...

Here's a pic of my tall bookcase. I couldn't get it all into one shot so I took 3. There's books in behind too but well...they're in behind so you can't see them. :p And you can see my computer too!!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v57_blemko_pics_mybooks1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v57_blemko_pics_mybooks2.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v57_blemko_pics_mybooks3.jpg

Yeah...I'm a Star Trek nerd...:eek:.

Jaycee, you've got some good fantasies. GRRM, Goodkind, Jordan....yay!
And tartan_skirt, nice Garth Nix collection. He's great.

Back