• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pictures of your book collection

Those look very nice. I had to move mine to the garage because they over-powered my house (and I gave a lot away)

Now that's a healthy collection, venusunfolding! And I admire your boyfriend's taste in Calvin & Hobbes...

Shade said:
Now that's a healthy collection, venusunfolding! And I admire your boyfriend's taste in Calvin & Hobbes...

Thanks :) The Calvin and Hobbes is one of the few things in there that's mine. I love it!

I'll try and take pictures when I'm back home, if I remember. Mine are an embarassing mess compared to these pics, though. I have about a thousand books, and only one bookshelf. I have stacks everywhere that stacks can possibly go!

bluecaffeine said:
I'll try and take pictures when I'm back home, if I remember. Mine are an embarassing mess compared to these pics, though. I have about a thousand books, and only one bookshelf. I have stacks everywhere that stacks can possibly go!

Stacks are good too:cool: (now if I can just convince my favorite husband of that little gem)

K...here are my images.

These are the classics (Jane Austen, Dante, Virgil, Milton, etc.). I was lucky enough that my aunt gave me this whole collection from her daughter (WHO DIDN'T WANT IT...CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!), and I gratefully accepted it. The last two shelves are encyclopedias.

Picture064.jpg

These are books that I had to remove from my bookshelf until I buy another one. You're only seeing the books on the front but on this first image there are a lot more hiding in the back that I couldn't get...:p

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Nice collection, venus - I love the black shelves!!

Luna - very swish :p The bookcase that the classics are kept in looks so fabulous!

MonkeyCatcher - thanx. I'm looking for its twin so that I can move my other books from where they are now to the study room :) .

Luna-in post #68, does the front of each section open out and then goes in when you have it perfectly straight out? Nice set up.:)

CDA: Yes, I know, I think my kitty keeps secrets from me... maybe I should keep her away from the horror books :D

SFG75 said:
Luna-in post #68, does the front of each section open out and then goes in when you have it perfectly straight out? Nice set up.:)
Yes that's exactly what it does. It's a really comfortable bookcase...I have to find it's brother though :D .

Luna said:
Yes that's exactly what it does. It's a really comfortable bookcase...I have to find it's brother though :D .

Sweet, I have a relative with one of those. I'm very envious of it as it would look great with my books. I love how those things open, just something about it.:)

Luna: Aren't your shelves a type of Lawyer's Bookshelves? They're beautiful. Of course, they'd last about two days at my house:rolleyes:

abecedarian said:
Luna: Aren't your shelves a type of Lawyer's Bookshelves? They're beautiful. Of course, they'd last about two days at my house:rolleyes:
Lawyer's Bookshelves? I didn't know that. My dad's the one that bought then and to tell you the truth at first I didn't like it...:rolleyes: ...but it grows on you...lol...

Okay, just a quick shot of my library.

aimg439.imageshack.us_img439_3766_lib16bg.jpg

I'm not terribly content with it (could do with more decoration to liven up the wall) but I'm happy nonetheless. I do wish it was next to a window, but as it is it's situated at the 'family area', the area between all the rooms on the first floor.

ds

Back