• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random happenings/thoughts

It's not exactly mini, 26 countries are represented, the whole thing lasts for about three hours.

During which emotions can run high. I get a running commentary every year from a friend in Sweden :) She never realises I don't have a clue who she is talking about :rofl

Well, I narrowly escaped spending my morning at the tag office for my mother inlaw, who swore she was giving up driving in June. Found a link on their website which allows one to register online even if one doesn't have the renewal form(she swears she never got it, but she thought her insurance renewal WAS her tag notice). And dd Emmy is moving out today, which is a good thing. She'll be very close to WSU and her job at Music Theater of Wichita. Found out that a Clearwater boy drowned at a nearby lake last night. He would have been a freshman next year like my Ethan...very sad news. That's most of the news that is news..other family drama perking in the background, but that's normal, I'm afraid.

Here I am, posting from the bowling alley in Derby Ks..watching my dd Abby and two of her friends vie for the position of Gutterball Queen. Oh well, they're having fun celebrating Abby's 16th birthday. After bowling, I'll take them over to the water park for a couple of hours..

This is a big day for us today. I fired our ISP last week and our new service should be installed before I get home. It'll be nice to be back in the 21st century.

I need your prayers and happy thoughts this morning. I'm taking my mother inlaw to the doctor and need to make sure he evaluates her capacity to drive. She'll be 89 in August and has made noises about giving up her keys, but then forgets she said it. She mostly just drives around our little town, but that just means she's more likely to hurt somebody I know and care about... When I made the appointment, I asked the receptionist to put a note in her file asking this dr to do this, and I asked if he'd contact DMV if he found she shouldn't drive. The woman did not address that bit, and said she'd put the note in the file, but ended the conversation by saying I might need to remind him. Huh? The whole reason I made arrangements ahead of time was to avoid asking in front of her! I really don't like this doctor and most of his staff. He's got one lady that's a jewel, but the rest are just odd. Anyway, this might be a stressful morning..the ride home might be less than fun.

abc: Is there not some mandatory test given to people over the age of 80 to see if they are o.k. to drive? I know that here the motor vehicle people require a written test for when a person reaches 80, I don't know if and when there is a road test but the written test and eye test probably gives the examiners a good idea as to the person's capability. In any case, I hope that your mil gives up her driver's licence and keys voluntarily for your peace of mind. Best wishes.

I need your prayers and happy thoughts this morning. I'm taking my mother inlaw to the doctor and need to make sure he evaluates her capacity to drive. She'll be 89 in August and has made noises about giving up her keys, but then forgets she said it. She mostly just drives around our little town, but that just means she's more likely to hurt somebody I know and care about... When I made the appointment, I asked the receptionist to put a note in her file asking this dr to do this, and I asked if he'd contact DMV if he found she shouldn't drive. The woman did not address that bit, and said she'd put the note in the file, but ended the conversation by saying I might need to remind him. Huh? The whole reason I made arrangements ahead of time was to avoid asking in front of her! I really don't like this doctor and most of his staff. He's got one lady that's a jewel, but the rest are just odd. Anyway, this might be a stressful morning..the ride home might be less than fun.

Oh no hope it all goes well.

Oy, what a morning. Let's just say I officially despise MIL's doctor. He did address driving with her, but stopped short of actually evaluating her. Instead, he said there's place we can go and have her evaluated. Really? Why did DMV tell us they'd yank her license if her doctor sent them a letter?
Then to top it all off, I was talking to the director of the assisted living facility(Noreen) about all this, and she mentioned that mil was out of an otc med we're supposed to supply. I told her we'd just bought it two weeks ago, and she wondered if mil had it stashed in her room...so we went to go ask her, and while mil looked through one box, Noreen proceeded to check the other hot spots in the room...uncovering a number of contraband meds...stuff they either already give her in some form or another, and two bottles of pain relievers-she's already taking Loritab..one isn't supposed to double up on that crap. MIL got very upset, griping about how 'they don't always bring her meds when she needs them', which is not true. She also claimed to not be taking those pills, and with one box of supplements, she claimed not to know how she got them, "Maybe THEY sent them as a sample." We all know better than that...she's liable to lose her checkbook as well as her keys when I tattle on her to Mr. Abc.. She's not able to grasp the concept of drug interraction and she's proven that she'll get them herself if left alone.
Makes me tired..

Oy, what a morning. Let's just say I officially despise MIL's doctor. He did address driving with her, but stopped short of actually evaluating her. Instead, he said there's place we can go and have her evaluated. Really? Why did DMV tell us they'd yank her license if her doctor sent them a letter?
Then to top it all off, I was talking to the director of the assisted living facility(Noreen) about all this, and she mentioned that mil was out of an otc med we're supposed to supply. I told her we'd just bought it two weeks ago, and she wondered if mil had it stashed in her room...so we went to go ask her, and while mil looked through one box, Noreen proceeded to check the other hot spots in the room...uncovering a number of contraband meds...stuff they either already give her in some form or another, and two bottles of pain relievers-she's already taking Loritab..one isn't supposed to double up on that crap. MIL got very upset, griping about how 'they don't always bring her meds when she needs them', which is not true. She also claimed to not be taking those pills, and with one box of supplements, she claimed not to know how she got them, "Maybe THEY sent them as a sample." We all know better than that...she's liable to lose her checkbook as well as her keys when I tattle on her to Mr. Abc.. She's not able to grasp the concept of drug interraction and she's proven that she'll get them herself if left alone.
Makes me tired..

oh dear, its very difficult when the memory starts going and so on. my sympathies.

Back