• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Randomness! Yay!

I am sorry that both of you are/were sick. I sympathize, seeing as my dad's been sick with something and he DOESN'T STOP FREAKING COMPLAINING! I mean he moans while lying in bed, but for some reason can yell when the baseball game's on... :confused:

it's part of their genetic code! my dad will whine about a simple code and act like he is dying (except when watching sports). but, when he was in a major health crisis (had a quadruple bypass after it was discovered he had only 5% blood flow to his heart - doctors were amazed he was alive still), he joked and laughed and made sure everyone believed he was superman or something. you would have never guessed he had just had his chest cracked open! go figure.

it's part of their genetic code! my dad will whine about a simple code and act like he is dying (except when watching sports). but, when he was in a major health crisis (had a quadruple bypass after it was discovered he had only 5% blood flow to his heart - doctors were amazed he was alive still), he joked and laughed and made sure everyone believed he was superman or something. you would have never guessed he had just had his chest cracked open! go figure.

Yeah, dad's are weird, although he'll comment on how I will complain about something as small as a fly bite (I got my first one yesterday. Owee!) and won't complain when I have a joint bleed and my elbow's immobile, almost black with bruising, and in a sling. But I don't complain then because I know everyone knows how much it hurts and they don't really need me parading around about how much my arm hurts. And I do complain about little things mostly just to annoy him! :D

I am so happy. I got my learner's permit today!

Uh oh, clear the road.

tundra, what does your freaking signature mean? I don't know Latin or whatever language it is...

My freaking signature is Latin. Way to go. Was it all the latin words that gave it away? (hehehe...)

My freaking signature has a story attached:
My parents are trekkies. They watched The Next Generation every night when it came on at 10 pm. I watched a few, but not many. The point is, I happened to be present for the opening sequence enough times that I had accidentally memorized the motto. You know...the motto. (Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilization, to boldly go where no one has gone before.)
Anyway. One day in high school, as a joke, I typed it on the computer, printed it out, and stuck it to the fridge. The next day, I woke up to find my father had translated it into latin..which he posted on the fridge. (My dad has studied latin for years.) And so it because a permanant fixture in the house, and a family joke.

I saw somebody on here had a latin signature, and thought..why should he (or she) get to be incomprehensible and no one else? And then I remembered the star trek latin and posted it. Yes. My freaking signature is actually the star trek motto.

so i decided to drop by to the book forum (the book and reader forum, sorry:) )
and there is a lot of new names and avatars
who is this people (how many got killed so they could get in, maybe i should go and hide under my rock again :D )
should i tell them about the google spider :confused:

maybe i should go and start one of those "how all use to be better before" threads, for sure i would meet a lot of new people :p

by the way,
Hello

so i decided to drop by to the book forum

You were drawn here by my secret siren song...

Agadoo doo doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Agadoo doo doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees
Come and dance every night, sing with hula melody

I think it's rather telling that when Mr Michel pops back he gets a little 'welcome back' while I get asked what my nefarious plan is. A girl could get quite upset if a girl was so inclined.

hey there guys

You were drawn here by my secret siren song...
hmm i though that was the piña colada song :p

I think it's rather telling that when Mr Michel pops back he gets a little 'welcome back' while I get asked what my nefarious plan is. A girl could get quite upset if a girl was so inclined.

:eek: a nefarious plan :eek:
count me in :cool:

should i bring some hobnobs :)

Uh oh, clear the road.

My freaking signature is Latin. Way to go. Was it all the latin words that gave it away? (hehehe...)

My freaking signature has a story attached:
My parents are trekkies. They watched The Next Generation every night when it came on at 10 pm. I watched a few, but not many. The point is, I happened to be present for the opening sequence enough times that I had accidentally memorized the motto. You know...the motto. (Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilization, to boldly go where no one has gone before.)
Anyway. One day in high school, as a joke, I typed it on the computer, printed it out, and stuck it to the fridge. The next day, I woke up to find my father had translated it into latin..which he posted on the fridge. (My dad has studied latin for years.) And so it because a permanant fixture in the house, and a family joke.

I saw somebody on here had a latin signature, and thought..why should he (or she) get to be incomprehensible and no one else? And then I remembered the star trek latin and posted it. Yes. My freaking signature is actually the star trek motto.

tundra+star trek=ok wow! Not what I thought, but ok!

And I am not a bad driver. Besides I'm nowhere near you, Miss Stanford... :p

Vesper, tundra seems to have taken a sabbatical, hopefully she'll be back soon.
And where have you been young man? Hhhm?

Back