• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

I just read stonehenge by Bernard Cornwell published in 2000.
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. A historical
novelist writing a book about something that has no written documents.
ricko

I read the passage when it first came out- can't wait for
the second book. It's a wonderful book.
ricko

Yes, I knew it was to be a trilogy - I just hope I remember all
the details of the first book. There is a lot going on in the first book.
I started my own blog ( ricksreviews.blogspot.com ) in november to write reviews on books that I have read. I haven't had time to write one on this book yet.
ricko

Been waiting for somebody to review this book. Thanks for the review. Did you know this is supposed to be a trilogy?

Right, and the second one isn't coming out till 2012...grrrrr! :D He's as bad as Diana Gabaldon with regard to waiting to see what happens next.

I have to say the ending hit like a ton of bricks. But the more the reader thinks about it, the more ambiguous it becomes.

Right, and the second one isn't coming out till 2012...grrrrr! :D He's as bad as Diana Gabaldon with regard to waiting to see what happens next.

I have to say the ending hit like a ton of bricks. But the more the reader thinks about it, the more ambiguous it becomes.

2012?!?! Doesn't he know that is when the world ends? LOL

Well that is a stinker for sure. George R R Martin is the same way making you wait years before the next one comes out.

just finished The androids Dream by John Scalzi- see my review on
ricksreviews.blogspot.com , this is the best he has written. I am
now 200 pages into: The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
ricko

Cry of the Sloth by Sam Savage. Its worth a few chuckles.
The Amazon Journal of Roger Casement by Angus Mitchell.

All Clear by Connie Willis 4/5

Excellent sequel to her Blackout following historians of 2060 time-traveling back to WWII England to observe various aspects of the Blitz and heroes in general.

Back