• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

stupidest movie ever

Out of all those films on the list, which one was . . . not the best, but not as stupid as the others? Just curious.

Hmm. Well, there's some question as to whether Black Sheep should be on this kind of list, since it was a tongue-in-cheek tribute to bad horror movies. The production values were better than in the movies it was spoofing. The gore is done very broadly, however, so I don't recommend it for everyone.

Ator was stupid fun. If you laugh at Conan, you'll laugh at Ator.

And if we're going to talk about current stupid movies, I want to nominate It's Complicated, which breaks my heart to do because I'm in love with Meryl Streep. But it needs to be done.

I have seen Plan 9 and I would say it probably is worst movie ever made, but it is so bad that it is pretty funny to watch. Bela Lugosi died while it was being filmed, so the scenes of his character in movie after his death are especially phony.

I am now going to watch Battlefield Earth. Let's see if that one fits.

Back when I worked at newspapers for a living, I got suckered into reviewing movies and had to sit through that . . . thing. Battlefield Earth is right up there with Kevin Sorbo as Kull the Conqueror. Think I gave that stinker half a star.

Dave

Back when I worked at newspapers for a living, I got suckered into reviewing movies and had to sit through that . . . thing. Battlefield Earth is right up there with Kevin Sorbo as Kull the Conqueror. Think I gave that stinker half a star.

Dave

Why did you give it that much?

Plan 9 is bad, it's very very bad, but I dunno... it's been touted as "the worst movie ever" for so long now, and I'm pretty sure I've seen worse movies. At least it's consistently hilarious, which is more than I can say for some films.

Oh, and here's the trailer for the remake. That's right, they're remaking Plan 9 From Outer Space. "What's the point?" you ask. "Isn't the sole interesting thing about this movie that it was so very very poorly made in the first place?" you ask. "If you take away the cheesy effects and the laughable dialogue and the moronic plot and the poor actors, isn't it just another in a long line of dull zombie B movies?" you ask. And well you might.

YouTube - Plan 9 - HD Trailer

I gave Kull half a star because that was the least I could lol. Think my opening paragraph had Kull rhyming with dull.

Dave

Plan 9 is one of my favorite movies, in the bad movie escapism sense, of course. I won't be seeing the remake, however. It looks bad, but not bad enough.

Empire magazine chooses the ten worst films of all time.

1. Batman and Robin
2. Battlefield Earth
3. The Love Guru
4. Raise The Titanic
5. Epic Movie
6. Heaven's Gate
7. Sex Lives Of The Potato Men
8. The Happening
9. Highlander II: The Quickening
10. The Room

...Seriously? They haven't watched a lot of movies, have they?

Clearly they missed some classics. They should have consulted us, eh?:lol:

Isn't Heaven's Gate that horrible western with Kris Kristofferson...where everybody but our boy Kris gets shot up in a Canadian range war? The suicide scene at the end was too graphic, just like the rest of the film.

I did not see most movies on list, but I don't think Happening was that bad. it was not so good but I have seen much worse. Batlefield Earth I will agree is one of worst ever.

Chiller recently showed a movie called Tokyo Zombie. It was hysterical. It was more spoof than scarey zombie, like Shaun of the Dead. Japanese zombie movie with subtitles. A must see for any self-respecting zombiefile. Definitely stupid but in a good way.

Anybody seen a movie starring Hilary Swank and Simon Baker? I think it's called The Affair of the Necklace. Painful to watch, really painful. I've only seen HS in The Karate Kid 4 and 90210 so I really have no idea why she would win an Oscar, let alone 2. I didn't buy her performance, not for one second, and she looked like her clothes were itching all the time (which was probably the case).

Back