• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

stupidest movie ever

One of my favorite series of all time. Do you follow their web stuff at all?

Not as much as I'd like. And I read somewhere that they do live shows (or at least make guest appearances) from time to time. I wouldn't mind seeing that. :)

For the most part I settle for my DVDs of the shows. I just watched Manos The Hands of Fate the other night. :lol:

I saw Plan 9 from Outer Space a few weeks ago and it's pretty bad. A heady mix of poor quality - the plot, the costumes, the stage sets, the acting, the "special effects", it was dumb enough to be slightly amusing.

ABC don't forget to watch the crappy Santa movies and report back. :)

I think Plan 9 from outer space is one of funniest movies ever because it is so very bad. I think is much funnier than many movies which are supposed to be funny.

When talking about the worst movies ever, you have to make the distinction between movies that had a decent-to-large budget and were actually intended to be serious with big name actors and the ones that are clearly just a pathetic mess of amateurs. The latter are the endearing ones because we give them a break for having no resources, but still wonder where the hell their heads were when they released the movie.

For the big budget, intelligence-insulting abominations, look no further than The Happening and The Postman. I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching with The Happening. I also remember watching an interview with Kevin Costner before the release of The Postman where he talked about how he expected it to be nominated for multiple Oscars. Mega fail. Worst movie ever made.

For the low-budget, stupid movies, why has no one mentioned TROLL 2???? :eek:

Ugh, Zooey Deschanel was horrible in The Happening. No emotion whatsoever. The movie itself I didn't mind, but that's probably because I had low expectations going in.

Solaris, though, gets my vote.

The George Clooney version? My OH loves that film, but then he does think that the Scary Movie trilogy is intelligent film-making.

Movie turkeys I would include on a list are: Domino (I lasted 10 mins), Inception (unfortunately made it to the end) and...the Scary Movie trilogy.

The George Clooney version? My OH loves that film, but then he does think that the Scary Movie trilogy is intelligent film-making.

Movie turkeys I would include on a list are: Domino (I lasted 10 mins), Inception (unfortunately made it to the end) and...the Scary Movie trilogy.

Inception? Blasphemy.

Also, I noticed you called your OH the OH and not the BH. :lol: :whistling:

Me and youngest sat down to watch a very daft sounding film on Lovefilm the other day - Black Ninja. We thought it was be so bad it would still be worth a watch. It wasn't, we didn't make it past the opening scene to the credits. Watched Beetlejuice instead.

Still, what we saw was still a million times better than The Box.

Back