• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Da Vinci Code

...it's The Passion Of St Tibulus all over again :-(...

father_ted.jpg

I think the movie has nothing to do with the book...I've seen the trailer, I have read the book and there are some MAJOR errors in the movie...and I do agree Tom Hanks isn’t suited to play Robert Langton in The Da Vinci Code!!! I‘m sure the movie will be disappointing but, unfortunately, I have to agree it’s going to be something HUGE….A HUGE DISAPPOINTEMENT FOR ME!!!

Motokid said:
1. People that read a lot, wonder why other people don’t read very much.
2. A book comes along once every few years that gets millions of people reading that otherwise might never pick up a book.
3. Those that read a lot, then proceed to trash the shit out of said book.
4. The only real problem with The Da Vinci Code is the heightened expectation that world-wide popularity brings with it.

It is fiction. Read it as such, and don’t expect the world to stand still as you read it. It’s an enjoyable, easy read. If you expect too much you’ll be disappointed. Otherwise, forget the hype.

I don’t think it’s possible for any writer, anywhere, to write a book that could become this popular, and not piss off the truly refined, hardcore reader.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

SFG75 said:
Well, looks as if the Vatican is getting the movie some press. They are slamming it and encouraging a boycott by all catholics of the film.

Well string me up and pull out my fingernails. I'm a Catholic and I'm going to see it. :D

ooh, Be back later, I'm going to MASS right now!!! :p

Isabell said:
Well string me up and pull out my fingernails. I'm a Catholic and I'm going to see it. :D

ooh, Be back later, I'm going to MASS right now!!! :p

I'm going to see it as soon as I can. I like Tom Hanks, I enjoyed the book, and I think it should be quite interesting.

MonkeyCatcher said:
When is it being released in the US? It doesn't reach here until May 17th

May 20th?......a couple days after it opens where you're at. That is of course, unless the illuminati have anything to say about it.;) :p :D

Some people can make the money first and go Hell later, I meant the author of the book.

Because God will not be Kind to him.

SFG75 said:
Looks like the movie got a good beating at the Cannes film festival. I wonder what our anti-Brown people think?;) :D

I'm just happy to see that it wasn't a Tom Hanks lovefest. I think he's even more overrrated than DVC.

mehastings said:
I'm just happy to see that it wasn't a Tom Hanks lovefest. I think he's even more overrrated than DVC.

And what's with combing the hair straight back? He isn't John Travolta in Pulp Fiction or Antonio Banderas-it isn't him!. Someone get that guy a fashion consultant!.

SFG75 said:
Wow, a lead actor's recent comments should really help people chill out about this film.:rolleyes: ;) :D
Yeah, that really smoothed things out fine.....:rolleyes:

Just saw the first 15 minutes or so of The Money Pit, (barf) but good grief.......Tom Hanks then...........and now...:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

raffaellabella said:
I'm going to see The Davinci Code this Friday. It may be better than the book.
At least, I'm hoping it will be. :D
It's on my list also! That way we can both be members of the club who have seen both the movie and read the book, both of which people say stink. :rolleyes: Actually I hope they do the ending well so I can find out what it is, because I was tuned out by then in the reading. :eek:
Ever hopeful, :)
Peder

Back