• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The first sentence in the book you're reading

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.

~ Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Seth Grahame-Smith
I got that in May, haven't gotten past the first chapter. Let me know how you like it. Have you read the original? Do you think it would be funnier/better if I had read the original?

Macon Fallon was a stranger to the town of Seven Pines, and fortunately for him he was a stranger with a fast horse.

Fallon by Louis L'Amour

From my first breath in this world,all I wanted was a good set of lungs and the air to fill them-given circumstances,you might presume,for an American baby of the twentieth century.

Peace Like A River by Leif Enger

Paymaster Commander George Brown put his fountain pen back into his pocket, put on his cap and got up from the table where he had been ciphering.

The Ship by C.S. Forester

The Tall window of the Golden Lion Inn which faced south across Plymouth Sound shivered in its frame as another freak gust speckled the glass with drizzle and blown spray.

Enemy in Sight by Alexander Kent

Like nearly everyone born in the tin shacks that line the banks of the Rio Cauto,Gerardo Limon was short,dark,and bandy-legged.

Black River by G M Ford

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

To dwellers in a wood almost every species of tree has it's voice as well as it's feature.

Under The Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy

The blaze of sun wring pops of sweat from the old man's brow, yet he cupped his hands around the glass of hot sweet tea as if to warm them.

The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty

What is the worst thing you've ever done?
I won't tell you that, but I'll tell you the worst thing that ever happened to me......... the most dreadful thing........

I have wanted to read this book for a long time. My library unearthed a worn out old yellow paged copy for me. It even smells musty. =0)

Back