• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The first sentence in the book you're reading

"If music be the food of love, play on."

Twelfth Night, of course! I was very turned off by Shakespeare when I started with Romeo and Juliet, but I'm starting to enjoy/appreciate his works much more. Thank you, college education :)

I am reading two books

The Wicked L A Banks
"Racked with agony, Cain sat naked at the edge of the sensation pool in his bedchamber, his legs dangling in the ether as he clutched silk sheets to his chest"

The Hades Project By Lynn Sholes

"After losing the great Battle of Heaven, Lucifer, the Son of the Dawn, and his rebel angels were driven from Paradise cast out for all eternity into a world of darkness."

From two of the new ones:

"I might as well say, right from the jump: it wasn't my usual kind of job"
People of the Book - Geraldine Brooks

"The king sits in Dunfermline town
Drinking the blude-red wine
O whare will I get a skeely skipper
To sail this new ship o' mine?"
The Classic Hundred Poems, William Harmon Ed.

RED CLOTH, YELLOW CLOTH..

First line: "Fucking hell, Kamo - I'm freezing to death." Bachua was shivering wildly.

First book I ever read starting with the 'F' word. LOL. great book though..

He must be a great writer...:whistling:

Page 1. RED CLOTH, YELLOW CLOTH..

‘Fucking hell, Kamo – I’m freezing to death.’ Bachua was
shivering wildly.

Listen dear,this is "the first sentence "of the book you are reading and not "the first page" of the book you wrote.

And this is a book discussion forum not an advertising agency.Stop repeating yourself,we understood the first time.

There is a writers section where you can get feedback on your work.

There came Death hurtling along the Boulevard in waning sepia light.
There came Death flying as in a children's cartoon on a heavy unadorned messenger's bicycle.

Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates

Here is an account of a few years in the life of Quoyle, born in Brooklyn and raised in a shuffle of dreary upstate towns.

The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx

Sitting listlessly on the threadbare couch in his squalid, downtown Baltimore hovel, Dov Montana, a perpetually out-of-work documentary filmmaker, wondered how much his apartment would have rented for in 1970. ---Exec TV by David A. Brensilver

AND

When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was very much talk and excitement in Hobbiton. ---The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (I'm excited to finally have gotten my hands on this book. I love the movies but now it's time to read the source.)

Imagine you could trace your course through time and space as an astronomer tracks a planet's orbit or a comet's path.

Your Life as Story - Tristine Rainer

Sitting listlessly on the threadbare couch in his squalid, downtown Baltimore hovel, Dov Montana, a perpetually out-of-work documentary filmmaker, wondered how much his apartment would have rented for in 1970.

-David A. Brensilver, ExecTV

Sitting listlessly on the threadbare couch in his squalid, downtown Baltimore hovel, Dov Montana, a perpetually out-of-work documentary filmmaker, wondered how much his apartment would have rented for in 1970.

David A. Brensilver, ExecTV

On the morning the last Lisbon daughter took her turn at suicide‒it was Mary this time, and sleeping pills, like Therese—the two paramedics arrived at the house knowing exactly where the knife drawer was, and the gas oven, and the beam in the basement from which it was possible to tie a rope.

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides

Back