• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The official 2012 apocalypse thread

At least with Y2K, there was some sort of rational reason for thinking things might go wrong, even if it got blown way out of proportion. There was a cause-and-effect relationship: a lot of computer systems did indeed have trouble handling 8-digit dates, and might have encountered problems when they went from 99 to 00. And part of the reason nothing big did go wrong is that a lot of people actually worked at correcting the very real problem before we got there.

Whereas this, as far as I can tell, is all based on a bunch of Mexicans becoming bored with making up future dates a few thousand years ago. As credible portents of future troubles go, I'd say it's considerably less valid than any Hollywood apocalypse movie.

Here's the deal I made with my Grandmothers. If the world is still around after this date, I will get married.
2.gif

I hate to be the one to break the news, but the apocalypse has already happened. Quite a while ago, actually.

We are all just a figment of Oliver Stone's imagination.

Actually the Mayans never predicted the "end of the world", "judgment day", "apocalypse", or any of that.
The date marks the end of the long count calandar; on the winter solstice of 2012, the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years. The present world age will end and a new world age will begin.

What we really want to know is - who's having a 2012 party? :D

What we really want to know is - who's having a 2012 party? :D

I am. It's going to be a costume party. Attendants have to dress as either Mayans or Conquistadors. It's going to be epic. And yes, alcohol and fire will be involved.

I am. It's going to be a costume party. Attendants have to dress as either Mayans or Conquistadors. It's going to be epic. And yes, alcohol and fire will be involved.

Sounds like a fun party!

Interesting link Beer Good. Amazing how many there were just before 2000! I can't wait to see if this year's prophecy works out!

Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype - Science- msnbc.com

At Cornell University, Ann Martin, who runs the "Ask an Astronomer" Web site, says people are scared.

"It's too bad that we're getting e-mails from fourth-graders who are saying that they're too young to die," Martin said. "We had a mother of two young children who was afraid she wouldn't live to see them grow up."

Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan, ideas.

A significant time period for the Maya does end on the date, and enthusiasts have found a series of astronomical alignments they say coincide in 2012, including one that happens roughly only once every 25,800 years.

But most archaeologists, astronomers and Maya Indians say the only thing likely to hit Earth is a meteor shower of New Age philosophy, pop astronomy, Internet doomsday rumors and TV specials...

It's too bad that we're getting e-mails from fourth-graders who are saying that they're too young to die," Martin said. "We had a mother of two young children who was afraid she wouldn't live to see them grow up."

4th graders are e-mailing?:confused::confused:

I found the OFFICIAL 2012 countdown site. As of today, we have 1,166 days, 12 hours, 54 minutes, and 30 seconds before the end of the world.:cool: If you give them your name and e-mail, you get a free report.

Here is a list of potential happenings. My personal favorite is the mass coronal ejection. It sounds like a personal problem to me, but I digress.
a CME was behind the solar storm of 1859. It occurred in September of that year, causing the failure of telegraph systems across North America and Europe. Accompanying the storm were auroras that are normally only seen in the Arctic and Antarctic, but were visible as far south as the Caribbean. Typically we would expect a storm of 1859's magnitude cause power blackouts and wreck satellites. But do we really know how big they can get? In 2009 NASA told us to be wary of solar storms, and warned of the dangers to America's ancient overloaded power grid. Being without power for a few months, in the developed world, is a lot more serious than most people realise.

4th graders are e-mailing?:confused::confused:
My nephew was about 18 months when he figured out how to work the DVD player... it's a brave new world. Clearly another sign of the end times.

I found the OFFICIAL 2012 countdown site. As of today, we have 1,166 days, 12 hours, 54 minutes, and 30 seconds before the end of the world.:cool: If you give them your name and e-mail, you get a free report.
Phew, what a loonie.

If you were to hire experts to go out and do all the research I've done...

Do you know how much this package would cost?

I personally have put in over 157 hours of painstaking research for this project. One hundred fifty-seven hours!

If you hired even a moderately priced researcher with the right background it would cost you at least $50 per hour.

Multiply that by 157 hours and we're talking about a bare minimum of $7,850.00 to duplicate what's in this package.

Don't worry... you won't have to pay that much... and you won't have to do any research!

Now...

If you were to find just one life changing moment... one epiphany in 2012: The Official Countdown Package...

How much would that be worth to you?
Do you believe elaborate crop
circles are just a hoax?

The rich and powerful... the Hollywood stars... the elite... They pay millions of dollars for one moment like this.

Your future swings on this “hinge.”

That one, life-altering epiphany has to be worth at least $1,000.00, right?

We both agree a mere $1,000.00 to change everything about your life and the future lives of your family members. That's a bargain.

But... of course you're not going to pay anything close to that for 2012: The Official Countdown Package.

Heck... the entire package is going to cost you less than a full tank of gas.

So... don't worry about price.

In fact... let's talk for a second about how much not having this information may cost you!

• Your chance for survival... Not knowing the real deal on 2012 could mean you're caught off guard. And that means game over for you.
  • Your loved ones' chances for a future ... Not knowing the truth could jeopardize your family and their chance of reconciliation with their own spirituality...
  • Your ability to help shepherd in a new era for man... If the worst of what is imagined comes true, your fellow man needs you. Our future depends on it.

And I'm not over-reacting. This is dead serious!

So... you ask how much this will cost? Not $7,850... not $1,000...

I could remove a zero and that's how much you'd pay for sketchy information in a handful of Amazon books. And you don't get the portable audio... the updates... the membership...

But... because you're savvy and are signing up for 2012: The Official Countdown right now, you won't even pay that $100 price...

Although we both agree that would be a great deal.

You won't pay $99... $89... or even $79. This price cutting is getting crazy.

And it's about to get even crazier!
Well, that's for sure. Gotta love the "Honest Harry's Used Prophecies" approach.

This just keeps getting better. You know the balloon boy that wasn't a balloon boy at all?

Turns out it was all part of some weird plan of his dad's to call aliens down to earth and escape the 2012 apocalypse. Apparently, aliens are going to make themselves known to us as soon as they see that we have something that looks like flying saucers, but though they're smart enough to travel across the universe, they're also dumb enough to be fooled by balloons.

Yup. Apparently he's a David Icke enthusiast too and believes the world is secretly run by shape-shifting lizards. Why am I not surprised?

This just keeps getting better. You know the balloon boy that wasn't a balloon boy at all?

Turns out it was all part of some weird plan of his dad's to call aliens down to earth and escape the 2012 apocalypse. Apparently, aliens are going to make themselves known to us as soon as they see that we have something that looks like flying saucers, but though they're smart enough to travel across the universe, they're also dumb enough to be fooled by balloons.

Yup. Apparently he's a David Icke enthusiast too and believes the world is secretly run by shape-shifting lizards. Why am I not surprised?

Now that is some 'rest of the story!' Sometimes ignorance really IS bliss.
:lol:

Back