• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The official 2012 apocalypse thread

Change of plans, everyone! Unfortunately, we have even less time until the apocalypse than we thought.

Biblical scholar's date for rapture: May 21, 2011

Harold Camping lets out a hearty chuckle when he considers the people who believe the world will end in 2012.

"That date has not one stitch of biblical authority," Camping says from the Oakland office where he runs Family Radio, an evangelical station that reaches listeners around the world. "It's like a fairy tale."

The real date for the end of times, he says, is in 2011.
About time we had a voice of reason. And he can even prove it with math:
By Camping's understanding, the Bible was dictated by God and every word and number carries a spiritual significance. He noticed that particular numbers appeared in the Bible at the same time particular themes are discussed.

The number 5, Camping concluded, equals "atonement." Ten is "completeness." Seventeen means "heaven." Camping patiently explained how he reached his conclusion for May 21, 2011.

"Christ hung on the cross April 1, 33 A.D.," he began. "Now go to April 1 of 2011 A.D., and that's 1,978 years."

Camping then multiplied 1,978 by 365.2422 days - the number of days in each solar year, not to be confused with a calendar year.

Next, Camping noted that April 1 to May 21 encompasses 51 days. Add 51 to the sum of previous multiplication total, and it equals 722,500.

Camping realized that (5 x 10 x 17) x (5 x 10 x 17) = 722,500.

Or put into words: (Atonement x Completeness x Heaven), squared.
And of course, this time he's right. Unlike that one time in 1994 when he miscounted. Presumably this time he remembered the change to the Gregorian calendar, for instance... no? Whoops.

Boy oh boy, I just can't wait for absolutely nothing to happen on December 21st 2012 so I can point and laugh at all these morons who are the same people who bought into the Y2k hilarity.

Dec. 21st, 2012. That is my 12th wedding anniversary.:lol:

Sorry dear, I didn't get you anything because as you know, the world is ending tonight.:flowers:

I read about this May 21, 2011 also. Blah blah blah. According to The National Inquirer and nicodemus or whatever homeboy's name was the world should have ended at least a 1000 times by now.

The end of the world is now October 21, 2011? Well...poo. Still plenty of time for the government to tax my ass, the reserve bank to raise interest rates to an exorbitant percentage, the grocery store to fleece my purse, the mechanic to try once again to whack one over me because I'm female, and...plenty of time for conspiracy theorists and end of the world-ers to formulate another reason why the Apocalypse didn't occur on the predicted date.

Guess I'll still be needing to Christmas shop this year...

Ah, just put on that REM CD and sit back with a Montecristo no. 2 and enjoy the ride.

A few points:

1. Beer Good, if you are on Facebook you should RSVP to the Post Rapture Looting.

2. I wish some of those nutters were around here. I'd get them to sign over all their Earthly possessions to me effective May 22.

3. Should I regard Left Behind as a post-rapture survival guide?

So apparently, the rapture is on Saturday...

Judgement Day is May 21, 2011 - The Rapture is Coming!

Remember, kids, if you're still here on Sunday, it means you weren't good enough.

(Does anyone know when on Saturday, exactly? I'd hate to miss Doctor Who...)

Hmmm, what a great way to get out of moving my mother in-law into assisted living!

Eh, I notice Harold Camping has ignored these passages:

• "Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming." (Matthew 24:42)

• "Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." (Matthew 24:44)
And, as if that wasn't enough, He also said, in regard to His coming:

• "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." (Matthew 24:36)
(lifted from an article on the Truthbomb blog.)

Whenever someone sets a date, I figure that's one date that is probably clear. Now, where can I get one of those Rapture Ready t-shirts?:flowers:

True. But then, he's also based his calculations on there being 150 days between 21 May and 21 October. :lol:

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b339_beergood_religions_1.png

Back