• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you use as a bookmark?

mr_michel,

That's Four. You were only allowed three, but since I'm in SUCH a good mood this morning, I'll let you off the hook. :)

postcards - No, but that's not a bad idea, so send me one. :)
homemade bookmark - I am NOT crafty, so this will never happen!
atm receipts - No, but I have used my library receipts as well as a napkin if I'm in a bind.
or maybe you tear the book cover - I do NOT abuse books! Go wash your mouth out with soap!

Chewie (like your new nickname? I hope so, cause I'm gettin' lazy! LOL)

Fold the corner of the page - I do NOT abuse books! Go wash your mouth out with soap!
A real bookmark - No, but only because fortgot to remove from a book I returned to the library. :(
anything you can find. - Sometimes, but only when I've gone and left it in the last book I read and I'm not home to get it.

Litany, one of these days you're going to make a post that I don't have to consult a dictionary to translate. I'm sure I'll be dead by then, but mark my words. :D

A flattened and dried donkey dinkle. - I believe that would fall under book abuse and as you know by now... I do NOT abuse books! Go wash your mouth out with soap!
Bob Geldof. (Thank GOD for Google) No - but he could keep my place in my bed. :eek:
A small aubergine. - No, if I were going for something like that I'd probably pick sliced eggplant (in a baggie of couse so as NOT to abuse my books).

Dang y'all are THICK!

Hint...

Outside of books, what's the "thing" I'm obsessed with?

{Tigress} said:
mr_michel,

postcards - No, but that's not a bad idea, so send me one. :)

love to, send a pm with your adress and ill send you a nice one :) promise not to stalk you :rolleyes: anyway its to much trouble to get a visa to te US on this days :mad:

Tigers????

You stuff a tiger between the pages of your book???? :eek: Isnt that dangerous? If I was a tiger and you stuffed me between the pagers of a book then I would be very cross! I would probably bite your legs off or something. Maybe claw in you in the eyeballs! :eek:

Remember kids, never use wild animals as a bookmark. It's very dangerous, cruel the the animals and it can ruin the book binding!

Thank you, Wabbit, I was just considering using a hyena for my bookmark - you saved the day there, mate.

Cheers, Martin

Litany, okay okay my THIRD thing I'm most obsessed with! :eek:

mr_michel, I'll gladly PM you, but you don't have to send me a postcard! I was teasing. I do that. A lot. :p

SillyWabbit said:
Tigers????

Ding-Ding-Ding! You got it! :D

Actually, it's a flat christmas ornament. Of Tigger. :D It was the closest thing a friend of mine could find to replace the Tigger bookmark I lost a couple months ago.

Martin said:
Thank you, Wabbit, I was just considering using a hyena for my bookmark - you saved the day there, mate.

Cheers, Martin

You're welcome! There are many deaths each year from people using dangerous and wild animals as bookmarks!

Lets see as book marks I use: A book mark my mom gave me about 4 years ago it still holding up great. A Barnes and Noble business card with my wife's name on the back,
Index cards, the receipt from buying the book, and an Army POW card.

Bookmark

My favorite is to use those ever present subscription cards that fall out of magazines. Theres always several laying around. And I can't stand it when my books are opened too far! Reading it again is never the same after the bind has been ruined. Good grief, when did I become so anal. :p

I hate when my books are bent back too far, as well. This is why i don't lend my mother any books, because she bends them as far as she can. :mad:

I use a bookmark that someone bought me from Liberty's which consists of two pieces of ribbon linked by a bead and a teddy bear. You slip the ribbons over the page you are on and the back of the book and it keeps the page nicely....

Skwert78 said:
My favorite is to use those ever present subscription cards that fall out of magazines. Theres always several laying around. And I can't stand it when my books are opened too far! Reading it again is never the same after the bind has been ruined. Good grief, when did I become so anal. :p

*shudders* I just leant my mum two books and I know they're going to come back with creases in the previously unmarked spines. Irritating beyond belief :)

I have a little kangaroo bookmark, so there's a little kangaroo peeking out the top of the book, but it's more hassle than its worth. I usually just shove in whatever I can find.. post-it notes work nicely :)

Back