• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

At the time of WWI

Coup de Grace by Marguerite Yourcenar

Beatifull but chilling.I look forward to hear what you think.

In London just before midnight on the 31th december 1999 awaiting the big computer crash,doing back up of all my files.:D

Jonathan Coe-closed circle

Beatifull but chilling.I look forward to hear what you think.

In London just before midnight on the 31th december 1999 awaiting the big computer crash,doing back up of all my files.:D

Jonathan Coe-closed circle

I could not put it down Thomas,I finished it last night.I enjoyed it alot.It would be a great discussion book.I will search if there is a thread on it,if not I will make one and I am glad I can talk to someone about it.

So Long a Letter by Mariama Ba

I am at my husbands funeral with his other wife....

I am being questioned as to why a Jew is trying to pass as a Russian and living in a forbiden district where Jews are not allowed...

The Fixer-Bernard Malamud

I'm four people travelling all over Europe trying to dissect the works of an obscure German writer. And having sex with each other in various permutations.

I am getting the hatchet to finish off a half dead squiril...

Timothy Findley-Tha Last of the Crazy People

In a church in Doliani,geting two bullets removed from the priest...

The Marked Men-Aris Fakinos

I have lost my mind and am being "Kept" in the attic of a desolate english mansion. My elderly guardian has designs on my person. My guardian may well have to be disposed of.

In a church in Doliani,geting two bullets removed from the priest...

The Marked Men-Aris Fakinos

The one i read from him was excellent.
Are you reading in Greek?

Near beyrouth in Libanon in late XIX century starting an Orange tree farm and might be the creator of the first clemetine.

Charif Majdalani-History of the big house(histoire de la grande maison)

I am at the zoo with my cousin Dudley, and my terrible aunt and uncle, Petunia and Vernon. I just let an boa constrictor escape by making the glass vanish.

The one i read from him was excellent.
Are you reading in Greek?
Near beyrouth in Libanon in late XIX century starting an Orange tree farm and might be the creator of the first clemetine.

Charif Majdalani-History of the big house(histoire de la grande maison)

Thomas,I read it in English.It was very good.I remember my grandmother telling me stories about the civil war after the German occupation.It was very descriptive of war,death, and above all how strong these women that were left behind to continue supporting their families without men.

Also alot of political figures and issues were commented on and I think that's why it was banned in Greece.

Vividly and realistically conveys the terror and confusion of the civil war and the yearning of the ordinary people—a 2000-year dream—to be masters of their own destiny in a country at peace with itself and its neighbors." —Library Journal

"Fakinos uses the story of Doliani to sketch in the ugly and tragic history of his country. . . . In this novel [he] emerges . . . as a significant Greek writer." —The Nation

I decided to go to a convent and become a nun...

Unhallowed Rites-Martine Marquand

Back