• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

I'm an 11 yr old boy in 1930's North Dakota who's brother has shot and killed two boys who broke into our house. My brother's gone on the run,and my Dad,sister and I have gone after him.

Peace Like A River by Leif Enger

In a small English town attempting to investigate the murder of a dog.

(Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time)

I am in New York city in an apacolyptic war to save the gods and to save the world from titanic rule. I am among my best friends and the bravest souls I have ever met, we have sustained multiple casualties, and the worst part is I fear that I might be amongst the dead at the end of this battle, as nature itself is being torn apart and clashing for supremecy.

In Russia, investigating how a Hungarian WWII soldier could be kept a prisoner of war for over 50 years, and trying to get out of being the person who's sent to Russia to investigate things like these. Possibly.

I am on a train ,on my way to investigate the disappearance of a 3 year old.

The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher -Kate Summerscale

I'm at the office late with my new boss, drinking whiskey, discussing corporate espionage. I will betray an old friend tomorrow.

The Informer - Akimitsu Takagi

Currently investigating a series of murders in Cambridge, England

(Ariana Franklin's Mistress of the Art of Death)

Between books. I just finished All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris this afternoon. I haven't resumed The Ten Thousand yet. However, I am currently in the kitchen with Jonathan Lindenauer creating Argentine Sirloin with Chimichurri Sauce compliments of Bon Appetit magazine. Dinner is going to be GOOD tonight!

I'm a reclusive crime novelist who's been given special permission to sit-in on the trial of a notorious mobster and murderer who's got to the jury in two previous trials. And just had a nose to nose slanging match with him!

Black River by G M Ford

At home, in Mexico, after my sister's marriage to the man I love.

Like Water for Chocolate, by Laura Esquivel.

I am in my foster parents home and I am cleaning spit off the front door...

The Book Thief

In Chicago, preparing to fight the Antichrist.

Also, in northern Denmark, trying to get my cancer-sick mother to feel sorry for me.

Back