• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

hmm.. I didn't realise so many books used Peterborough as a base! It just stuck in my head because I was reading A Short History (which was last years orange prize novel) recently when I was in Cambridge.
Well, it's possible that only A Short History of Tractors in the Ukrainian and the book I read, were set in Peterborough, in recent years. :D

I’m at Mount Sinai receiving instructions from the Almighty and giving them to the Israelites that I just lead out of Egypt.

I'm in a tiny rundown apartment in small town Kansas and my best friend just started dating my first love.

Onboard HMS Juno, a 32 gun Frigate in about 1804, during the Napoleonic Wars.

Hey, I'm at sea too. Being beseeched by a stowaway to intervene with the captain on his behalf. But it's 1849. We're destined for California apparently.

Hey, I'm at sea too. Being beseeched by a stowaway to intervene with the captain on his behalf. But it's 1849. We're destined for California apparently.

Ahoy, bren!!

I can't tell you out destination because we're at war with France, and if the word got out I could be hung for being a spy. You understand, I'm sure.

Book 1:

I'm Augusten Burroughs and my dad just let the family gerbil starve death after mom took off due to dad's drunken psychotic episode. I also awoke to find him sitting across from my bed glaring at me, the family dog growling at him as my only protection for the time being....

Book 2:

I'm in the Clinton White House and witnessing the fight between economic populists and deficit hawks like Lloyd Bentsen. Hillary is about to launch into her ill-fated healthcare plan.

London, impersonating a dead artist, contemplating the necessity of another murder.

Ripley Under Ground

Back