• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

Inside the belly of a humongous turtle, which also happens to be a floating island, trying to learn the secret to controlling a 9 tail demon trapped in my body to harness it's destructive force for good.

Turtle <> Discworld, btw.

Soon I'll be drinking coffee with a dude named Buck...at his place.
Buck is a boring guy. He is always talking about the stupid stars. But he does let me use his Internet for free.

He He.

I am currently strolling about my mansion wearing a red cloth robe and smoking my pipe. Surrounding me are young, eager bunnies ready to jump on me at any moment.

I'm in an island with a shotgun, hiding from my other 9th grade classmates who are out to kill me (and themselves) in an attempt to be the last one standing in a state-sponsored reality TV show.

In South Korea. They just let me out of prison after 18 years. What do you mean I can just go to the bathroom anytime I feel like it without asking permission?

I'm in El Chalten with the Ferlet's expedition in 1952 . I am following the steps of the great alpinist Lionel Terray, Guido Magnone, Docteur Azema, René Ferlet, Georges Strouvé.... During the reconnaissance mission happened a sad mishap , Jacques Poincenot was drowned while he was crossing the River .. In spite of this misfortune, we already are in front of the granite wall of Mount Fitz Roy, in whose sheer walls grow wild mushrooms of ice .

I am in the mind of the Narrator, looking over the shoulder of an anti-Semite who is writing a journal entry in March 1897 in Paris.

After two pages of his anti-Semitic filth I have had enough and am putting aside The Prague Cemetery, literary writing or not. :sad:

In Switzerland. I'm so sick, I think I'm probably dying. Serves my wife right for not recognizing what a genius I am.

I am remembering a Sunday evening in les Chalets de Tréléchamp, there I used to have a meeting with the Charlet-Ravanel's family and l'oncle Gaspard ( Les Argentereaux ) . I learned to play their cards and also there, I practiced my << Patois Savoyard >> while this big family was narrating me, in an emphatic tone, their "courses" in the Mont Blanc massif and also in the Aiguilles Rouges massif ... Although, I really enjoyed listening the true story of Edward Whymper in La Verte .

Back