• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

I'm in my college's newsroom, taking a break from helping layout the paper. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is patiently waiting in my backpack.:cool:

I'm in a completely deserted part of Munich, waiting at the North Cemetery station at night under threatening thunder clouds for a tram to take me back into the city.

Death in Venice - Thomas Mann

I'm in a Benedictine monastery in the south of England in 1537, working with Matthew Shardlake to solve a murder. It's snowing here.

I'm on the Princeton University campus during the weekend of Good Friday, 1999, struggling to decode the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili.

I'm a large neohadrosaur, eating grass. (Its more of a non-linear website than a book, but it might as well be a book. Its certainly written as if it could be a non-fiction book.)

I'm somewhere in the labyrinth of a planet called Trantor. It is the capital planet of the Galactic Empire. But judging by the way things are going in this room I think I am about to be booted to some planet called Terminus.

I am in a hotel in France,a dead man was just found in the corridor...(Tender is the Night)

I am also in Mississipi where a bad stench is coming from Emily's home...(A Rose for Emily)short story.

It's London, May of 1898, in the O.C.D. library of four time British Prime Minister William Gladstone. He is explaining the correct way to house thousands of books in one room.

I'm with a bunch of soldiers from the Malazan 14th. The city we were fighting in has burned down around us, and we're following a rat, underground, in the dark, the air's getting thin and we're feeling the heat. We're tunneling through piles of rubble, trying to get out. I'm claustrophobic and this section can't end fast enough for me!

(The Bonehunters by Steven Erikson)

in a small California coastal town at Christmastime. Santa just got whacked and the local law enforcement is having sex in the cemetary...

I am in Saddam Iraq,just got taken away from the college campus ...

Sinan Antoon: I'jaam: An Iraqi Rhapsody

I am locked in my room and discovered a peephole that looks into my mothers bedroom...

Yukio Mishima-The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea

Back