• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

I am in the Northern chain of Karwendel with Young people of the Alpine club from Innsbruck in 1941 . Each one has ready his 'carnet de courses' as we do every sunday.. Now I am with Fred and the young Buhl we are walking toward Martinswand, while Hermann is telling me about his Paul Preuss adventure in Metzeltrum ...

I'm reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

Gianni is shredding the prosecutors witnesses, one after another!(Can't say much more, that would spoil the whole series)

In a post-apocalyptic Aberdeen, Washington, having just fed chocolates to a pack of wild dogs (rather than shooting them with a crossbow).

(Idlewild by Nick Sagan)

I'm at the beginning of the end of the Austro-Hungarian empire. June 28, 1914. I should probably get out of there quick if my memory from the future serves me well...

I am in the Lionel Terray's farm in Les Houches ( in south-eastern France ) . I am helping him with domestic cattle, the collection of loose grass hay & the cultivation of vegetables .
We work << à la tâche >> while we're waiting the arrival of Gaston Rebuffat . Lionel is talking me about his good & bad souvenirs such as : La Dent Gérard , his first ascent in the Grepon with a mountain guide, The Ski championship in Luchon , Valgaudemar , Le Centre-École de J.M , L'aigulle du Moine ...... Suddenly, appears Gaston, he came out of nowhere, is talking us about the first meeting in Montenvers with André Tournier and 2 shiny heads .

I am in the city of Bes El but there's also another city here, but it doesn't exist to me. I must block out the images of its citizens, lest I breach.

(The City & the City by China Miéville)

I am sharing the grief, guilt and delirium of Raskolnikoff, who has just murdered Ivanovna in Crime and Punishment' by Fyodor Dostovesky.

Somewhere on the American east coast: telling my psychoanalyst about the time I f*cked the family's dinner, literally.

I am in Poland with Jurek, we are painting a factory chimney -approximately 80 meters high without scaffoldings only with ropes- for paying our climbing expedition to Lhotse, it costs 1 million zlotys . According to our calculations, 6 chimneys + some donation from the Provincial Club of Physical Education will be enough for financing this journey. It's a luck for me to paint chimneys with Jerzy, he has many adventures for telling me about 'rock/ice climbings journeys' in the Cracrovien Jura or in Tatra Mountains, also in Rila, Dolomites or in The French alps ( Aiguille du Moine, la Major au Mont blanc, le Petit Dru ) , even far from Europe, in the Mount McKinley . I have just realised that we are painting the last chimney and I´ve just remembered.... Zorionak !!

In St Petersberg, with Porphyrius about to extract a confession out of Raskolnikoff in Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

In ancient Egypt, trying to figure out exactly how the Pharaoh could get so crazy that he started believing in one god. Good thing that nonsense is over and done now.

Back