• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who Is Buddy, Buddy With Stewart?

It's about human nature and not...I repeat...not religion.

Is there anyone (anyone at all) that will stand behind me?

How can this thread work against me?

__

Well I was just giving a description of how it was coming off, never said it was about religion.

But if its about human nature, then forgiveness is not needed. As one of the biggest parts of human nature is......FREE WILL....and..CAUSE AND EFFECT...You act one way to people, they'll be effected, then have the choice to think of you one way or not.

pretty simple.

Right on the money...free will. It's just that I was brought up to forgive and so I figure that all parents taught their children never to hold a grudge. I feel human in asking forgiveness. I can't expect everyone to be as lucky as I was with my loving parents.

Disenthral has a good head on his shoulders. He is an asset to BAR.

__

This is very interesting to me. I am only trying to understand psychology. I am not being disrespectful to anyone's feelings. This is anonymous forum. My name is not really Chiangmaifalcon and yours are not really aquablue or beer good. Maybe Stewart but I don't know. Point is no one on forum can be mad at or love or hate or forgive me on forum because they don't know me and vice versa. Only know Chiangmaifalcon. Same with everyone here. My question here is then why care if people who do not know you forgive you for what you say on forum. If someone does not like something I say on forum, they are not angry at me because they do not know who I am. They can be angry at my posting, but not angry with me. Perhaps I am not saying this right. But if you are upset by what someone whom you have never met thinks of you, I think you must really really worry about the opinions of those people you meet in the real world. I am concerned here for aquablue as I think is obviously a good person so I say to you do not worry so much. Do not let your self esteem get tied up with forum. Enjoy the aspect and freedom of anonymity of forum. it is one place where you do not have to fear consequences of your actions, so do not fear them.

. . . it is one place where you do not have to fear consequences of your actions,

CMF, I think this attitude is true for many people on the Web and lies behind a lot of forum behavior that would not be seen in face-to-face conversation.

I also think that, even though there are anonymous names on our posts, the content of most people's posts here is intended by them to reflect their accurate thoughts and feelings. I don't think many here are hiding behind their anonymity to be deliberately provocative. So, people are emotionally invested in their posts more than merely as anonymous pieces of paper. Dismissive or personally insulting reactions, therefore, are not so easy to ignore.

Just my two cents in response to questions or issues that you raise.

In a broader sense, if none of this mattered, then perhaps none of us would be here.

You know how they say that first impressions last a lifetime? Well, when I met Stewart on this very forum x-years ago, we did not hit it off well. In fact it was a match of ill words going back-and-forth for what seemed like forever.

The point is that I feel that Stewart STILL holds a grudge. This is something I can't prove; it's just something I feel is true. So Stewart let bygones be bygones and let's make amends. Start anew! Make things as if bad days never happened.

You are my very first forum acquaintance by golly. I'll give five stars (how's that?) :star5:

__

While we all have man-crushes on Stewart, perhaps something like this would have been more appropriate for a PM.

How can this thread work against me?

__

Given the response to your past and recent threads, surely you knew that the thread would take this turn, My Good Sir.

Also, what's with the __ at the end of all your posts?

What would Buddha do? I must consult with monk and get back to you.
Making new threads too much work. Easier to do post quick reply.
Once again I beg forgiveness from fellow expats and other forumists.

This is very interesting to me. I am only trying to understand psychology. I am not being disrespectful to anyone's feelings. This is anonymous forum. My name is not really Chiangmaifalcon and yours are not really aquablue or beer good. Maybe Stewart but I don't know. Point is no one on forum can be mad at or love or hate or forgive me on forum because they don't know me and vice versa. Only know Chiangmaifalcon. Same with everyone here. My question here is then why care if people who do not know you forgive you for what you say on forum. If someone does not like something I say on forum, they are not angry at me because they do not know who I am. They can be angry at my posting, but not angry with me. Perhaps I am not saying this right. But if you are upset by what someone whom you have never met thinks of you, I think you must really really worry about the opinions of those people you meet in the real world. I am concerned here for aquablue as I think is obviously a good person so I say to you do not worry so much. Do not let your self esteem get tied up with forum. Enjoy the aspect and freedom of anonymity of forum. it is one place where you do not have to fear consequences of your actions, so do not fear them.

Well put.

AquaBlue, didn't your mom teach you not to sling sand at the other kids? Did you forget to shave your toes this week? You're acting very much like a Hairy-Footed Beach Troll.

Now, now. He can't be doing this kind of thing on purpose. I think at worst he's an accidental troll.

This is so confusing.

Why does AquaBlue want Stewart to like him? I thought AquaBlue didn't like John Stewart because he disses on Fox. so confusing.

Back