• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your book activity today

I'm quite confused at the moment...It's weird, but I don't know what book read next.
Initially I made up my mind for Alice in Wonderland, but my sister gave it to a friend of hers...thanks sister! just ruined my plans! -.- and...i dunno now...
Virginia Woolf "To the lighthouse" has caught my attention, but am not so sure about it....

and...i dunno now...
Virginia Woolf "To the lighthouse" has caught my attention, but am not so sure about it....

A fantastic book! The ending is not quite what I expected, but it was very meaningful given how simple it was.

Finished Maestro by Bob Woodward by finishing the last 120 pages. Read the first 50 of The man in the gray flannel suit by Sloan Wilson. This is one that I've always meant to read, you read about it a lot in history books and monographs about the 50's.

Spent the whole morning reading the last pages of The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole, started off yesterday evening.

So SFG do you recommend To the lighthouse?

I switched to another bookmark

I found a bookmark. The publisher included one in the book, which is fine. Except they hid it in the middle of the book, so it's going to have dog-ears up until page 50 or so and none after that. Meh, I say. Meh.

Me too, but their ears don't belong in my books. My dog yelps too much if someone pesters her ears...I'd find it too distracting is she did that while I was trying to read. :)

Which is why the dog gets to keep her dog ears to herself, and the book gets its own dogears. Duh. :whistling:

Which is why the dog gets to keep her dog ears to herself, and the book gets its own dogears. Duh. :whistling:

Oh really? I had this sudden mental image of Daisy T. Dawg with her ear flopped between the pages of my book, trying to hold still for more than five seconds.Looks like she'd injure her old neck trying to hold that position much longer than that. She's a good dog, but I don't think she could manage. I'll have to think of some other way to mark my spot since bending page corners is taboo:whistling:

Clearly, what's needed is a dog breed specifically bred to keep track of where their owners are in books. We've trained dogs to do everything from hunting to leading the blind and sniffing out drugs; surely it's not impossible to breed a dog whose major skill is to lie perfectly still with its ear in a book? It's not like lazing about all day comes hard to most dogs...

Mmmm. Breaded dog.

Clearly, what's needed is a dog breed specifically bred to keep track of where their owners are in books. We've trained dogs to do everything from hunting to leading the blind and sniffing out drugs; surely it's not impossible to breed a dog whose major skill is to lie perfectly still with its ear in a book? It's not like lazing about all day comes hard to most dogs...

Mmmm. Breaded dog.

Great idea! If Hank the Cowdog is 'Head of Ranch Security', surely a dog could be bred and trained to be 'Keeper of the Book'. If a border collie pup's future as a sheep herder can be detected by how he/she reacts to a lamb, a BookMark pup could be tested with a board book. If he/she doesn't chew, then that pup has potential.:D

Yup. We just need to make sure the dog can multitask, so when e-books take over there's some other use for the breed - sort of like how dachshunds were once fierce hunters, and now fill the same function once performed by hot water bottles.

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b339_beergood_Sleepydachshund.jpg

For starters, the BookMark Dog (Folded Retriever?) can clearly be trained to carry a Kindle. Or operate an iPod, for those who prefer audiobooks.

Yup. We just need to make sure the dog can multitask, so when e-books take over there's some other use for the breed - sort of like how dachshunds were once fierce hunters, and now fill the same function once performed by hot water bottles.

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b339_beergood_Sleepydachshund.jpg

For starters, the BookMark Dog (Folded Retriever?) can clearly be trained to carry a Kindle. Or operate an iPod, for those who prefer audiobooks.

Ooh, Retrievers are a good choice. They're smart and can double as body pillows as they grow up. Their sunny dispositions are a definate perk as well.

Of course, retrievers' ears are much too small. Plus, they're so smart they may end up reading the books themselves, but not quite smart enough to remember that you're only on page 15 while the dog is already up to the bit where the murderer reveals himself. Which would sort of undo the whole purpose of the dog.

So what we need is a slightly dumber retriever with large ears. I say we cross-breed a retriever and a cocker spaniel and see what happens.

Err...Going back to the main topic..I've started reading Animal farm today on the train while I was on my way back home. I'm being much into Orwell's novels recently :D

I'm being carefull, the last time i nearly eat one of my dog with your "hot dog" stories, the only thing that saved him is that i could not find bread big enough.
Now if i have to stick there hears betwin pages, they might try rebelion....Plus dog tend to flap their hears when happy.

The hot-water bottle dog look comfy BG, a close friend?

As for book marks, i'll stick to food, a piece of beacon, or bits of onion are nice.
and you have a snack when you get back to reading.

Back