• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

I tried to watch Prince of Persia. The acting was horrible and I ended up laughing out loud a couple of times though it wasn't meant to be funny.

!! I love the Three Mothers films (well the first two anyway). I got a few of my friends hooked on these when I was in my late teens. I even got into Laserdiscs because I could get versions of Argento's flicks not available on VHS format. There's just a strange dreamlike fuzz that pervades these films that makes them so compelling. I can't describe it otherwise...

I am a big Argento fan, and I've been able to collect several of his films on DVD over the years (and finally give up my VHS versions). Next to Suspiria, I think Tenebre is my other favorite. And I know what you mean about the "fuzz"...these are wonderfully atmospheric, compelling films.

I love Inferno and its prequel the most of his films. Inferno is pure director's vision I think (as films should be). I like Tenebre but I must admit I find it a bit disjointed (I've seen international and Euro versions of cut), whereas Suspiria and Inferno are pure bliss for horror film fans.

Anne, have you seen any of Lamberto Bava's films? I was so lucky as a kid, my Grandma used to live in SE London nr. an awesome street market that had crazily diverse VHS film selections, and I picked up Demons 3 from the there once super cheap and then got into the first two films retrospectively (not that they were related to Bava's Demons 3 I later found out). Ah the joys of Italian horror, but the Demons films are awesome too I think.

I've got loads of Mario Bava's films (Lamberto's father)...Black Sunday, Kill Baby Kill, The Girl Who Knew Too Much, Bay of Blood, etc, but I only have the original Demons movie by Lamberto. I'll have to be on the lookout for more of his films. I'm always ready to expand my horror movie collection.

Leaving Italy (where some of the best horror films have ever been made) and heading to Mexico, have you ever seen The Witch's Mirror or Brainiac by director Chano Urueta?

Nice collection you've gotten there. I need to sort my collection out - it's kind of all over the place following move a few months back and the stuff to hand's fairly recent/remakes with most of the classics packed away.

I haven't seen Chano Urueta's work - doing a search now on Amazon and eBay and there're a few copies of Braniac floating around, but may have to look to U.S. retailers for Witches Mirror. Which is the stronger film?

Leaving Italy (where some of the best horror films have ever been made) and heading to Mexico, have you ever seen The Witch's Mirror or Brainiac by director Chano Urueta?
All Mexploitation fans need to check out Satanico Pandemonium, one of the craziest flicks I've seen.

i did it! after one year and half, and more than 200 episodes of X-files, i've just finished the last episode of the series!!!!!! \o/

i did it! after one year and half, and more than 200 episodes of X-files, i've just finished the last episode of the series!!!!!! \o/

Hey, same for me and my wife - we wrapped up all of the seasons last month. Great stuff. I didn't realise how many episodes I hadn't seen! I also quite liked the final season and character shuffles etc. I thought it worked quite well. They rushed to wrap a few story lines I felt (guess they felt obliged) wasn't too happy with the Lone Gunmen's fate, but otherwise, great stuff.

Let the Right one In :star4:

I really enjoyed this movie,it was like a love story with a vampire.I want to see the remake of it also and compare.

La siciliana ribelle :star5:

A true story about Rita Atria,a girl who broke the Omertà code of silence.

Hey, same for me and my wife - we wrapped up all of the seasons last month. Great stuff. I didn't realise how many episodes I hadn't seen! I also quite liked the final season and character shuffles etc. I thought it worked quite well. They rushed to wrap a few story lines I felt (guess they felt obliged) wasn't too happy with the Lone Gunmen's fate, but otherwise, great stuff.

cool! i thought i was the only one still interested in it :lol: , it's hard to watch the old series (not so old in this case) because you have nobody to discuss it.

poor lonely gunman, that's true :sad: , i'm interested in their solo series, though it's only one years; i think i'm gonna give it a shot...

the last season was very good, but the ones with the syndicate were top, i kinda miss them...

it's really sad they don't do series like this anymore, i fell without a north now that i've seen it..

I just started watching X Files again...I've watched the first 16 episodes of the first season. I have a LONG way to go, but I'm enjoying it, and with the winter coming, I have a feeling I'll make a good dent in the series soon. :cool:

I just started watching X Files again...I've watched the first 16 episodes of the first season. I have a LONG way to go, but I'm enjoying it, and with the winter coming, I have a feeling I'll make a good dent in the series soon. :cool:

Season one is pretty cool!

my preferred episodes are: Ice and Fallen Angels...

re-watching is a good idea, i'll do that if the lack of good series persists.. :cool:

Back