• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Poll: How old is the average reader on this Forum?

How old are the readers on this forum?

• under 18

Votes: 29 15.2%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 42.4%
  • 30-40

Votes: 44 23.0%
  • 40+

Votes: 37 19.4%

• Total voters
Nobody is interested in boys' opinions. :p

But er, books can't discuss or review, so the sentence obviously makes no sense.

I'm a wee fourteen year old. *sad*

I started liking books from the point my mom read me "Where the Wild Things Are". Haha. =)

The average reader has got to be much younger than the average member. What with silverseason and Peder distorting our average.

*ha, ha I'll be there too someday. Gotta get my shots in while I can.

I’m 38 and started reading with a sense of urgency when my son was born 4 years ago. I’ve had a list of books-to-read-before-I-die, but never really focused on getting through it until then he was born. Now I dedicate about an hour a day to reading.

Libra said:
In my 30's I had this thing about "shoes", now I walk into the bookstore and I get the same feeling about books. Excitement, elation, my heart thumping....weird huh?
Nope, not weird at all! I find myself staring longingly into the windows of any book store. My hubby has learned to redirect me whenever he spots a bookstore. We ate breakfast at a little cafe this weekend and there was a little hole-in-the-wall bookstore just down the block. It took until we were leaving the area for me to spot it and understand why he decided to park on the next block... in the opposite direction.

Nope, not weird at all! I find myself staring longingly into the windows of any book store. My hubby has learned to redirect me whenever he spots a bookstore. We ate breakfast at a little cafe this weekend and there was a little hole-in-the-wall bookstore just down the block. It took until we were leaving the area for me to spot it and understand why he decided to park on the next block... in the opposite direction.

Yup, mying too,anything to avoid bookstores! LOL

We find our ways though, right? :D

I’m 38 and started reading with a sense of urgency when my son was born 4 years ago. I’ve had a list of books-to-read-before-I-die, but never really focused on getting through it until then he was born. Now I dedicate about an hour a day to reading.

I operate this way too. About 7 or 8 years ago I was thinking how over an entire life I would only read so many books. The number I came up with just wasn't enough so I picked up the pace. It's still not enough! We need more time to live and less time working.

Of course if Vernor Vinge is right the technological singularity could fix this problem.

I operate this way too. About 7 or 8 years ago I was thinking how over an entire life I would only read so many books. The number I came up with just wasn't enough so I picked up the pace. It's still not enough! We need more time to live and less time working.

Book and work goes well together for me,I listen to audio all day while working.As for life being to short,your dam right.It even reduce as it goes.

When the little girl that lived in back of us used to ask me how old I was I told her I was older than gunpowder. Still holds true. :D
Older is definitely mo bettah. :cool:

Of course one must attain a certain number of decades before that is obvious. ;)

25 and I've been hooked on books since I was born. In fact I can't even remember when I learned to read...I was tested as having a college age reading level in fourth grade. That made it very hard because we weren't allowed to read adult books in grade school! :eek:

When the little girl that lived in back of us used to ask me how old I was I told her I was older than gunpowder. Still holds true. :D
Older is definitely mo bettah. :cool:

Of course one must attain a certain number of decades before that is obvious. ;)

:D

You always make me smile with your wisdom, pontalba. :D

I'm 40, turning 41 in a few short months. I've enjoyed reading for as long as I can remember, and have encouraged my 3 children to plumb the depths of their imagination, open their minds, educate, through reading all manner of literature.

Back