• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The first sentence in the book you're reading

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it ws the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us; we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going the other way. - charles Dickens a Tale of Two Cities

Angharad's people met the witches the night they camped in Tiercaern, where the heather-backed Carawyn Hills flow down to the sea.

Into The Green - Charles de Lint

After breakfast, Eileen Simon ad her brother-in-law went through the credenza in the living room that Michael Simon used to store bills and his checkbook.
-After: How America Confronted the September 12th Era by Steven Brill

Wallace Boyer (Car Salesman): Like most people, I didn't meet and talk to Rant Casey until after he was dead.

Rant by Chuck Palahniuk

It was just past midday, not long before the third summons to prayer, that Ammar ibn Khairan passed through the Gate of the Bells and entered the palace of Al-Fontina in Silvenes to kill the last of the khal-ifs of Al-Rassan.

The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay

Horselover Fat's nervous breakdown began the day he got the phone call from Gloria asking if he had any Nembutals.

VALIS by Philip K. Dick

On the northern shore of Sicily are still to be seen the magnificent remains of a castle, which formerly belonged to the noble house of Mazzini.

A Sicilian Romance by Ann Radcliffe (1790)

Behind the wheel of the Ford Expedition, Amy Redwing drove as if she were immortal and therefore safe at any speed.

The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz

ohh...

these forums r funn !!!
well...im kinda readin the secret life of the bees by sue monk kidd....well the first line goes like this...
"at night i would lie in bed and watch the show, how bees squeezed through the cracks of my bedroom wall nd flew circles around the room, making that propeller sound, a high pitched zzzzzz that hummed along my skin..."
lol...doesnt sound really interestin tho...lets c if it does...

"What difference does my conception make?"

Where the Long Grass Bends - stories by Neela Vaswany

If dreams can be portents of what is to come, then I had my fair share of forewarning before my life was stolen away.

Trader by Charles De Lint

On a hairpin turn,above a dead forest,on no day in particular,a white Toyota crashed into a black Mercedes,for a moment blending into a blur of gray.

Everlost by Neal Shusterman.

Back