• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Walking Dead

YES!!! Watching and if it is good (and AMC has a good track record) I shall be buying the DVD set too.

I've read the first two graphic novels and loved them. Also the guy who plays Rick is played by British actor Andrew Lincoln who has been in some awesome shows here including Afterlife (about a medium and her relationship with a skeptical University psychologist played by Lincoln), Teachers and This Life. Lots of other stuff but those three, especially Afterlife stick out in my memory. I have the Afterlife boxset and it's just an awesome, but short run, show.

I'll try to catch Frankenstein and Dracula when AMC airs them. I have most of the other ones listed so I'll just watch them at my leisure :).

I have the first episode of The Walking Dead on TIVO. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

I thought the first episode was very good. Bloody, gory, harsh, yet it never really felt too exploitative - they're already setting up characters and looking for angles that will make it more than just a show about shooting zombies in the head.

The only complaint is that so far, it all looks very familiar. There's very little in it yet that hasn't been done in a hundred zombie movies already. But hey, we're only an hour into it, and the last scene looked quite promising...

I enjoyed it. I can't believe they got away with that much gore on basic cable.

I kinda love that the very first scene featured
a cop gunning down a zombiefied little girl
. As if to say, "alright, those of you who thought we were going to hold back - any questions?"

I really liked it,the gore was awesome and shocking at the same time.It's like the graphic novels coming to life.

Back