• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you pay for gas?

This is getting ridiculous. I was happy when I bought gas yesterday for under $3.00 a gallon. Of course my folks proceeded to tell me how he is paying $0.60 cheaper a gallon where they live. :mad: I don't see this madness ending anytime soon.

$2.49.....that's outrageous......good for you, but with all due respect....aaaaaaggghhhhhhhhhh...... most of the stations around where I live are still flirting around the $3.00 a gallon mark....some are $2.95...very few are less, some are $2.99.....and I was glad to see that.....

Perth Australia
US$3.778/ US gallon

As long as it does not adversly affect the world economy I don't mind as I work in the oil industry and a higher oil price means higher day rates eventually.

A selfish view I know. But I have had lean times when oil was sub $10/barrel!!!!!!!

It's all supply and demand, perceived or real.

It was actually just under $12/barrel in 1998. At that time the oil companies looked at a minimum of $14/barrel before they would commit to a developement. So not much happened that year, especially exploration drilling.

Edit: an exploration well will cost between 9 and 30 million dollars. The developement wells I am working on will cost over a billion before one drop of oil is produced. It's an expensive business to be in, but does create mega corporations. I think Exxon still has a higher GDP than Pakistan. Lots of financial power resides in the oil companies.

As I'm sure you can guess, these conversations are happening all over....here's a link to something quite upsetting if it has any truth to it at all....

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

And we all know that there is not an infinit amount of oil on the planet...so at some point the story above will probably prove to be somewhat true.....

If you are in a really good mood today I would caution you NOT to click the link I provided....

Interesting graph showing real and adjusted price of crude. we are getting up there but still have a way to go.

Crude will probably steady soon, asuuming no more GOM storms or terror threats, and the Northern Hemisphere has a normal winter, and that pig stops flying past my window.

The real problem is not that amount of oil in the ground that can be found or produced, new discoveries are made all the time, and there are so many regions in the world yet to be explored. The bottle neck is the lack of refineries.

I think it is 29 years since one was built i the US, I will need to check this though, yep I was right link

On the news this evening they said that prices at the pump were going to start rising this weekend and we should be prepared to see between $3-$4/gallon. I think I'm going to fill up before it gets any higher.

Motokid said:
After reading the first few paragraphs of this is there anything left to say?
There's no wonder gas here in California (Sacramento, at least) went down from $3.09 per gallon to $2.65 these last few weeks. Money-hungry fuckers.

gas....short for gasoline...really quite simple, fits better on advertising signs by the road...

besides...petrol is so stuffed shirt snobbish....:p

I just paid $2.11/gallon yesterday. The other day in my local paper I read something about the prices going down, and to expect them to fall even further..Yet who would have ever thought I'd be thrilled to see gas as "low" as $2.11?

$2.11 ????!!!!

Best I've seen 'round here is $2.50ish.....and I thought that was great to see....now I'm pissed again....

Back