• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Spammers

David Frame said:
By the way Stewart, thanks for the spots on my errors - I genuinely do appreciate it. You may be an American at a guess though because beermat is two separate words in the UK
Interesting - I would assume it is Beer Mat (two separate words) and i'm from London. Stewart is Scottish and they do talk a bit odd up there ;) (thinking of the flys/flies debate).

Ice said:
Interesting - I would assume it is Beer Mat (two separate words) and i'm from London. Stewart is Scottish and they do talk a bit odd up there ;) (thinking of the flys/flies debate).

So, Ice, I take it you'd say woodenspoon as opposed to my wooden spoon? :D

Stewart said:
So, Ice, I take it you'd say woodenspoon as opposed to my wooden spoon? :D
Hang on, I think it is you who would say woodenspoon :p We talk proper like down here!

Me and my shadow (Mr. Grace)

Stewart - I agree with tablespoon but not with beermat!!!

I was actually in East Kilbride yesterday with work!!!

I went through the James/David David/James thing with ICE last night and believe that we actually got the fact that James and I are two DIFFERENT people resolved.

In my defence I do not drink beer so technically wouldn't call it anything. Still think it should have a space though, would you write tablemat or table mat?

Agree with teaspoon/tablespoon though.

A Question

I forgot to ask outside of all the sniping and gutter talk. Outside of my poor grammar, what did people actually think of the story from the first three chapters????

Okay, I concede to the level that there are two ways to write it. I wish lunch hours lasted forever....:(

You haven't actually completed the book yet....????? Is that right David?

So you don't mind selling something that's not finished? And you don't mind your friend jumping about multiple book forums advertising this "not yet completed" work of yours in a really, really obnoxious fashion?

The problem that most people have here is the way you and your book have been thrust into this forum.

I know nothing of your book, your characters, or your writing style. I have not commented on any of those things.

This is not a forum for book reviews. It's not about promoting new authors. It's a forum for discussing books. Join the forum. Discuss books. Put your link in your signature. Answer questions about your book when/if they arrise.

David Frame said:
Outside of my poor grammar, what did people actually think of the story from the first three chapters????

I'm not the best person to ask, as I'm from Belfast and hate pretty much any fiction to do with 'the troubles.'

As for the book not being finished, so why is it for sale on lulu? What do I get if I pay the $3.30 to download it?

And the excuse on lulu.com (click on comments under Connor Wolf's review), that the reviews posted under your own name are actually by a friend, and a friend-of-a-friend, who you allowed to log in with your username, strains credulity somewhat!

A response to all

Firstly, its a completed story and spellchecked to the best of my ability.

Secondly (and hopefully for the last time) I, me, David Frame, did not come on this site and push my book down anybodys throat.

The script is for sale for anybody who wishes to spend a few dollars downloading a book from a previously unpublished, first time author - a book you can read for about £1.50 after having a look at the first three imperfect chapters - not bad considering the work I have put in. But if people don't want to buy it then they wont - it really is that simple.

The reason that I, me, David Frame has not bothered promoting it is that I am still working on it to a degree- occasional additions of character description that add to but do not change the plot. The two reviews on lulu came from firstly a friend and secondly a friend of a friend - I gave them my log-in so they could read the latest version at no cost to them. I have no control over what they put in as comments.

Guys, I know I'm not in the clique but how many apologies do you want me to make for somebody putting three (now long removed) inserts onto a book site and two people putting their opinions on MY page of lulu.

Do you want me to grovel...sacrifice a part of my salary to show my sorrow and regret. Look, I apologise again but what do you want - blood???? If anything its been a talking point for 2-days if nothing else. Can't we get a little perspective on this or will you still be hounding me about this 10 days from now - a guy who hasn't actually contributed to the problem at all.

Don't any of you have friends that have done things that make you cringe thinking it was in your best interest. Do you manage to control all of the actions of your pals???

If I, me, David Frame wished to promote my book, I would gladly promote it via me, proudly in my name and in the proper channels!!!!! I havent spent a year writing it to try ans sneakily influence a handful of people on one website!!! When I am happy with it, I'll promote it fully. If somebody spends £1.50 and takes a risk, then its up to them - I am not forcing them to!!!

You were just one in a long line of people with similar posts. Its just bad luck that you happened to be targeted as hard as you did. Stewart probably just got tired of that kind of advertising and decided to use your post as an example.

Back