• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

stupidest movie ever

Kevin Bacon is my brother's uncle's cousin's bus driver's nephew. I doubt that was filmed in Kansas. :lol:

^^^Wow! I have to see if Netflix has that Santa Clause flick for next Christmas. The ABC Ranch Hands could have some serious fun with that!

Don't forget the Hercules movie with a young Arnold Schwarzenegger with his voice dubbed. It was so bad I would have run from the theater but I had my daughter with me.

The Truth About Charlie! I don't know if it's the stupidest movie ever but remaking Charade has got to be one of the dumbest ideas ever. It simply doesn't work, there's no charm, no wit, no elegance, no subtlety, it even manages to make Paris look dull. As for the leads, it'd be unfair to expect anyone to fill Cary Grant's and Audrey Hepburn's shoes but c'mon, Mark Wahlberg and Thandie Newton? Seriously? I guess we should count ourselves lucky that the kids from One Tree Hill weren't available...

Yes that Charlie movie was awful. I could not sit through whole movie. Yesterday I saw movie which was not worst movie ever, but I believe it had maybe the worst ending ever. It was called The Forgotten, with some actress whose name I have also forgotten but she makes many fims, and other ones I have seen that she was in also mostly bad, in my opinion. I wont give the ending away in case anyone has not seen this and for some reason wishes to suffer, but I will say that, eved with its ridiculous sci-fi plot, the ending made no sense at all. It explained nothing, and made me so angry at having wasted 2 hours of this crap, I would have punched out whoever wrote this piece of crap if they had been nearby. What made me angry was that it could have been a good movie with good idea, but it was like the guy who rode it got drunk or stoned when he was halfway through writing the script.

Well, I've been having my own bad film festival in the past couple weeks, thanks to this list. I've watched almost every movie mentioned, on sources ranging from Hulu to sketchy Chinese sites (but I have a Mac, so I fear nothing). Here are the movies I watched:

Baal the Storm God.
Yor.
Manos.
Ator.
Hercules in New York.
The Norseman.
Night of the Lepus.
Megalodon.
The Last Shark.
Sharkman.
Razorback.
The Car.
Teenagers From Outer Space.
The Wicker Man.
Tremors.
Black Sheep.

In my opinion, the worst of them all was...(in cyberspace, no one can hear you opening the envelope)...The Wicker Man. Trying to remake such an awesome classic was just asking for it. The others on the list might be novelty items, but this one wasn't even that.

Santa Clause Conquers the Martians, btw, I'm saving for next Christmas. It looks even worse than the Muppets Christmas Carol, so that'll be a treat.

Wow, that's quite a list. Allow me to suggest one more.

Another crazy Santa movie, that has also been MST3K'd, is the 1959 Mexican film Santa Claus, it's just as nuts as Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. In this one, the devil sends one of his minions to foil Santa's deliveries. Incredibly garish and off the wall.

Santa Claus (1959)

No weird/crazy Santa movie list would be complete without the French classic "Le père Noël est une ordure". I lived in Paris for 6.5 years, went to grad school there, did job interviews and worked at a translation agency, I can curse, joke, rant, complain and get angry like a true Parisian and as a general rule, I get French humor, dark or otherwise. But I can't for the life of me figure out why so many French people like this movie so much...

In my opinion, the worst of them all was...(in cyberspace, no one can hear you opening the envelope)...The Wicker Man. Trying to remake such an awesome classic was just asking for it. The others on the list might be novelty items, but this one wasn't even that.

Santa Clause Conquers the Martians, btw, I'm saving for next Christmas. It looks even worse than the Muppets Christmas Carol, so that'll be a treat.

Out of all those films on the list, which one was . . . not the best, but not as stupid as the others? Just curious.

Oh come on. Not that Twilight doesn't suck, but it's nowhere near as bad as the movies in this thread. They point the cameras in roughly the right direction, the actors actually seem to remember their lines, the special effects aren't just someone playing shadow puppets or tossing miniatures into a bathtub, the plot is stupid but at least there is one... it doesn't do it well, but we're talking about movies that go so far past bad that they end up masterpieces of comedy here.

I am now going to watch Battlefield Earth. Let's see if that one fits.

Now you've ruined my image of Sean Connery! Certainly not one of his best poses or pictures...... I'll never get that image of him out of my mind now.....LOL

I would like to nominate "Manticor" (or something like that.) Seen recently on the SciFi channel. This channel along with Chill provides a neverending supply of bad movies and defunct tv series. Many thanks to them for the snake head fish movie too. Absolutely stunning.:D

I am now going to watch Battlefield Earth. Let's see if that one fits.

It did. I imagine this film must have done more to scare people away from scientology than anything else. Hold the camera straight, damnit. And get Travolta some decaf. Of course, even then you'd still be left with a script built on everyone including the hero acting like a complete idiot. And Travolta gunning down a bunch of plastic cows off-screen. The sort of film that, if made well, could have been a nice children's adventure if not for the fact that the writers are unaware of how utterly childish it all is.

My fave scifi channel flick was Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. I love the scene where the shark bites the Golden Gate Bridge in half.

Back