• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

In a suburbe of Paris,after the news that my parent have been slaughtered in a small Algerian village by Islamistes,i discover some papers that make meunderstand why my father,German came to live in this lost place after WWII.It's not an happy revelation...

The village of the German(le village de l'Allemand)by Bouahem Sansal

I am at an exclusive girls school in England for the summer term. It's all very sunny and pleasant at the moment but I think I see dark clouds gathering.

1.) Trying to save a small California town from a werewolf attack (Ray Garton's Ravenous)

2.) Investigating a murder in Las Vegas (Laurell K. Hamilton's Skin Trade)

In Salzbourg ,Austria,I studied 15 years along with a friend to become a virtuoso pianists, then we met and heard Glenn Gould.
I gave my piano and he sold his...we never played again.

Thomas Bernard -The Looser

Inside the head of T. S. Eliot, looking out through his critical essays at the literary scene as he saw it.

I'm on future earth which has been 'shielded' by unknown forces known as the 'hypertheticals',blocking the moon,stars,satellites,while the universe and our sun is aging hundreds of times faster than earth. We've colonised Mars,but they're thousands of years ahead of us now,and a Martian descendant has travelled to Earth.

I've just moved from a life of luxury to a cotton farm in the Mississippi Delta in 1946 following my husband's dreams of becoming a farmer,and his racist father is living here with us.

Mudbound by Hillary Jordan

On my way to Ispahan and met a very interesting man Hassan Sabbah ,the future fonder of the Assassins secte.

Samarcande by Amin Maalouf

In ancient Delphi walking with my master's son to the inn the night before we are to see the oracle.
The Ten Thousand by Michael Curtis Ford

Marooned on a Californian beach at night with a rock band and groupies.They are trying to attrack life guards by waving the roach of their joints.
It worked...

Thomas Pynchon-Cry of the lot 49

I am in New York in the theatre where Marilyn is performing in Arthur Miller's play. They have just started seeing each other. Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates

I've just returned to Rowan County,North Carolina after spending 5 years in 'exile' in New York,after being acquitted of murder.

Back